Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaronVoNewman

03-12-2014

loved teambuilder

Reticularize

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeenith View Post
I love the concept of Team Builder, but the biggest flaw I see in it is forcing the player to select a champion. It can't be implemented into ranked play unless it's changed to allow each player to choose a role without selecting a champion.
This is all that needs to be changed. Allow a selection for lane and role (tank/fighter/mage etc) and then match and choose from their. The game already has a sort system in it by labeling every champion in one of those categories. When you reach the team screen, the only thing left to decide is what champ you want out of the displayed available ones based on your lane and role.

Roland Warvold

03-12-2014

BRING THIS MATCH-MATCHING BACK PlEASE I WAS HAVING SUCH A JOLLY TIME!!!

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-12-2014
48 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAng3lic View Post
The only thing I dislike about team builder is that you have to choose your champion beforehand. That completely gets rid of being able to counter another player.
When the Live Beta wraps up, I'll probably spend some time next week discussing why we decided to have players choose Champion, Position and Role first before entering the Team Builder queues.

It's a pretty long and nuanced discussion, so I want to make sure I have time to invest in the discussion.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-12-2014
49 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicom View Post
This thread has 46 replies from riot.. We on the other hand who didn't even get to enjoy the teambuilder beta, are kept in dark. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3944677

Thank you so much Riot.
There are teams hard at work on that issue, but myself (or the player behavior team) just aren't the best Rioters to address you. Sorry to hear you've been unable to play the game.

Popopoyotl

03-12-2014

I really liked Team Builder, and I hope it does make a return! I know you guys had some problems about trying to find a way to bring it into Ranked, and while the idea I have may not fix that issue, it may make some progress in that direction.

Have a general vote ban in Team Builder: Once the team is completed, have the Captain propose the three bans they want, and have the other members of the team vote of whether to keep those bans or replace those bans. Then, when searching, that team will not encounter other teams with those banned champions.

TrojanOne

03-12-2014

for this to work on mass it needs to be ROLE select only therefore people can choose counter champs in ranked champion select imo

TheAznSummoner

03-12-2014

Why did team builder stop for na players earlier then other areas?

iSuckAtThis2

03-12-2014

I miss it already I hope it comes back soon!

Coolclaws

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznSummoner View Post
Why did team builder stop for na players earlier then other areas?
It didn't, NA had their 48 hours with it, now it's gone until they either do more beta tests, or release it fully.