Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohaku Nightfang

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've seen a lot of posts of players having some queue issues with some roles or champions, and we're investigating them.

So far, most (and by most, we mean ~95%) players have queue times that are just a few minutes or less--that's even with unorthodox things like Marksman-Corki-Mid or Talon-Jungle. But, a small % of players are getting queue times more than 10 minutes. We're investigating to see if there's something weird in the matchmaking, or what is in common with these special cases.
I think a great idea is whenever there are two teams made like a group who is top mid and support and another team running that is adc and jungle and they are searching for one another you could just throw the teams together as a bundle and see if they accept each other. If they don't then they just separate again. Someone else said something similar and I think it's a great idea. I feel like it will cut queues by a lot.

xClohne

03-12-2014

I really liked the team builder. I hope it replaces blind pick in the future.

losipher

03-12-2014

I really hope that team builder is here to stay. i am more than willing to put up with longer wait times if it means that I do not have to argue with others about what role I should play. Thank you Riot!

Uzbekiann

03-12-2014

I very much enjoyed the beta for this and hope it stays. There were a few small niches, but thats to be expected. I noticed a large problem with waiting close to 20 minutes just for a support. I think something to maybe fix that is provide a SMALL ip boost to people q'ing for support. It would give support players or just any player really a little extra incentive to play that role. Other then that the games were much more challenging which may be due to the fact that both teams are ACTUALLY working together instead of against themselves. It really made a platform for a much smoother and more fun league experience. I really hope riot decides to keep this mode.

xAng3lic

03-12-2014

The only thing I dislike about team builder is that you have to choose your champion beforehand. That completely gets rid of being able to counter another player.

Abratrix

03-12-2014

All you had to do is change the support (B*tch) role to something else. You went out and spend our tax donations and made this useless system where nobody can ever find a support. I spent 15 minutes trying to get in my first game. This is ridiculous.

BjergsenFollower

03-12-2014

lol

Better Master Yi

Recruiter

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This isn't ideal because it encourages players to log in and out of Team Builder until they are a Captain or a Solo (whatever they actually want to play). Then, you have to do anti-abuse systems just so players don't repeatedly spam Team Builder queues trying to get the flow they want... which means we're now creating anti-abuse systems for a behavior that we created 0_0
This thread has 46 replies from riot.. We on the other hand who didn't even get to enjoy the teambuilder beta, are kept in dark. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3944677

Thank you so much Riot.

Tauren Champion

03-12-2014

Sounds great, if it works as planned this should definitely be implemented permanently. When everyone instalocks, no one does.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-12-2014
47 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallian View Post
However there are some things that might be taken into account that could help for the wait times or in general.

- Is there a way to 're-up'? What if everyone, or even some of the players, from the previous que wanted to just go back and start again? Team builder could just pull everyone back into the TB lobby after the Stat screen, and give them the option to either ready up for a match que, or leave?
We definitely want to make it easier to "requeue" with your new found friends after a Team Builder game. We have a few ideas in mind, but it just didn't make it in for the Live Beta.