Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

th3naman

03-12-2014

Excellent feature, as in any new features there are minor issues, but overall it was a very positive net result. My personal opinion is that it was even good enough to come back with minor (if any) changes. In fact several friends that were not playing League due to the conflicts around meta, positions, roles, etc started playing League again while Team Builder was open in Beta (now they dont want to play since it is gone). If there is anything I can do to influence the decision to bring it back, please let me know.

Squallian

03-12-2014

I really like the teambuilder option - It's very fluid and nice, despite the wait times it's worth the effort if you don't want to deal with the hassles of queuing up and fighting for a role or champion. This is especially nice if you want to play a particular role (say youre a duo bot and absolutely want adc/sup) or if you want to practice a particular champion in various roles.

However there are some things that might be taken into account that could help for the wait times or in general.

- Is there a way to 're-up'? What if everyone, or even some of the players, from the previous que wanted to just go back and start again? Team builder could just pull everyone back into the TB lobby after the Stat screen, and give them the option to either ready up for a match que, or leave?

- On taking champions into set roles... perhaps there could be the ability to set it so that you can have tiered preferences on your lane? Say I wanted Zac, but could both jungle or top? Maybe along with selecting Zac, Tank - I could be able to have a drop down with clickable lanes that are tiered in the order you click them, like...

Top....[1]
Mid....[ ]
Jungle.... [2]
and so on.

GANGER96

03-12-2014

i love this idea, for the love of all that is good riot keep this idea. i have never won so many games in a row in this mode than i did throughout my entire time playing this game. i am so sick of being support and having someone troll or blamers that get mad then quit after one mistake and ruin it for the rest.

Cydäquil

red T123

03-12-2014

While playing the game as leader i discovered that if the leader wasnt a troll himself it could be a very fun game. Overall1-10:10 please bring it to stay!

CALYP50

03-12-2014

keep it i love it no fighting or arguing and everyone gets to go where they want perfect!!!

imacolombian

03-12-2014

Okay, Team Builder was AWESOME, but I do want to give my suggestions. I think it would be cool if we could have like play-style notes, basically telling the captain what you're going to build, do etc. You could write whatever you want in these notes, things like "split-push," "farm until 30 minutes," etc. Another thing that would be cool and integrated with my notes idea is the idea of trends, like Twitter's "#." So captains can look at what playstyle notes are popular at the moment, and select a trend. Let's say you want a top-laner to split-push. You select top-laner, and select all the other things, and then you get the preferred trends: "split-push" "invade, " etc. The trends would keep play-style notes short, as long notes aren't likely to get repeated, thus not appearing as a trending tactic, and add more customization and composition theory crafting to Team Builder.

Jivira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Quick update:

Team Builder just went live in NA. Because the queues just turned on and the server just came back online
Team members will be available from 3:00 - 5:00 PM PST today (Monday, 3/10/2014) to answer any questions you have about Team Builder, so ask away!
Did I really just miss the NA beta?! Is there a post declaring it over? I don't see it in the game client.

Meskana

03-12-2014

Its over

thegoldingod

03-12-2014

this is sweet I hope riot is going to bring it back