Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Grand Yordle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2014

Another idea that would make this go more smoothly and reduce times for queue, is you could have a primary, secondary and tertiary pick. As I stated before, most people don't pick support or jungle as primary, but if they're still willing to play it, a secondary or tertiary pick would make game queues go smoother.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-12-2014
46 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerana View Post
Simple way to fix this is randomizing the captain position. 2 captains are randomized first out of a pool of players, they then face off and ban whatever champs they want banned. They are then matched with 4 other players who also banned the same champions before hand in the same mmr bracket after already picking their roles the only difference is your matched with people who made the same bans and you then choose the champs in the same order as before under your role sheet which you design yourself. If the captain smells a troll he kicks you during the pregame phase or you vote as a team, and then you wait for another player with the same bans who then picks the champion.
This isn't ideal because it encourages players to log in and out of Team Builder until they are a Captain or a Solo (whatever they actually want to play). Then, you have to do anti-abuse systems just so players don't repeatedly spam Team Builder queues trying to get the flow they want... which means we're now creating anti-abuse systems for a behavior that we created 0_0

Gaurdian Angel

03-12-2014

The first few games I played in Team-builder, i Que-d as captain, and spent an elaborate amount of time picking the perfect champion-players, and discussing stratagem such as starting invades. Every game I played like this turned out as a resounding victory, and it felt good.

Even as I lessened my search criteria, I continued to have fun and enjoy how little toxicity was present. Nami/AP Syndra bot, 5 APs, Nami/Fizz fish lane, and Morg/Kayle lane, were all fun stratagies I had victories with and they were worth the wait. GJ Riot, I cant wait for you to bring it back!

I would really enjoy a version of this for ranked play, as mid/low plat is packed to the brim with people who only play one champion or role well, and that leads to a lot of trolling and the highest afk rate of any division in ranked.

Doominator10

03-12-2014

+1 To having a secondary pick option (not the same as first though)

Nejums

03-12-2014

Could we not have some sort of "Up for Shenanegans" feature where players willing to go outside the meta can more easily find the group that wants to double jungle or 3 v 2 bot? It would help the team captain, those waiting with him or her and all joining parties have less of their time wasted by people who are looking for a by the book game.

Fexasaurus

03-12-2014

Team builder tool was pretty awesome. I would rather wait for 15 minutes then be in a loosing match for 30 with somebody telling the whole team they suck.Afkers does need to be addressed but I don't think a penalty is the right way to go seeing that games are long and I have a son, If something was to happen I needed to handle I would have to step out but I do think the people that are afk from the start when they just picked there champ needs to be penalized.So maybe if your lvl 3 or under by the time the game ends you get flagged and they look at your chat and see if you stepped out or had to go or just stopped playing.If lol fixed the afk and brought the team builder in for good i can speak for me and my friends that play when i say we would play a heck of a lot more.

00Gonzo

03-12-2014

I dont know if this has already been said anywhere yet, but what about in the future, if this were to become a standard thing, to pick your Role without picking your champion, but still get randomized in the team, so the team could work together and trade to counterpick the opposing team And this would be for Draft and Ranked. Just an idea though.

The Grand Yordle

03-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejums View Post
Could we not have some sort of "Up for Shenanegans" feature where players willing to go outside the meta can more easily find the group that wants to double jungle or 3 v 2 bot? It would help the team captain, those waiting with him or her and all joining parties have less of their time wasted by people who are looking for a by the book game.
You are able to do this by creating your own team. e.g. you can request to search for 2 junglers, 2 ad ranged, 2 ap mids, and so forth.

Time Of Dying92

03-12-2014

Please make this permanent, not having a choice because i enter the room last sucks.

AryanSoldier

03-12-2014

This was just a fun way of playing normal matches. Can't wait for it to return