Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AltXavier

03-12-2014

I think they ought to do this with Ranked games, only don't select Champions, just roles. and then have champion pick and ban like normal.

roymbrog

03-12-2014

Gotta be honest, I've been a little frustrated with teambuilder. Perhaps it's due to the mmr reset but the most toxic games I've played in months have been during the last few days when I was trying it out. I'm not sure why that is but I went into it hoping to avoid the kind of bickering and insulting I see in normal queue :<

TehUberCoffee

03-12-2014

This was probably the best experience I've had playing League of Legends...

Overall a wonderful idea that will significantly decrease people fighting over rolls (and playing badly because they didn't get what they wanted)

The queues to get put into a team were usually insanely short, the shortest ones being under 5 seconds.(one was 2 seconds) and the longest one was about 5 minutes (which was insanely longer than any others)

Again, I enjoyed this feature TREMENDOUSLY; most of the games had a much brighter feel to them as in everyone playing got to pick exactly what champion and role they wanted. None of this "I wanted Mid, but someone else called it, so now im reluctantly playing support" stuff happened that can ruin an entire teams motivation.

I wish to thank everyone involved in the contribution and formation of this great idea and sincerely hope to see it out in regular soon.
Thank you!

XylophoniX

03-12-2014

I hosted an all mid game for my last Team Builder... it was good for a laugh, but we lost...

HARDAQ

03-12-2014

I love team builder! I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW AMAZING THIS FEATURE IS FOR THE FUTURE OF THE GAME!

And I meant every single CAP LOCK letter

In Addition the runes and masteries drop down scroll and team building area is much more pleasing to the eye then blind pick solo que

I strongly favor this becoming a permanent feature of the game

In my opinion this and a replay feature would complete the League and attract many new member toe the community

Aquia

03-12-2014

I mainly support and adc, so I always got a wait time of 5 seconds. I wouldn't really say that Team builder affects me that much, but I finally get a choice to play other lanes when I want to instead of going bot lane 24/7. Plus. I don't have to watch people rage over getting preferred roles like in the normals and that I end up having an inexperienced support or adc. Thank you for creating Team Builder!

LebronzeJaymz

03-12-2014

I really like the idea. but i think it needs to be done better. for instance, it takes way to long to find support and jg, because ideally most people would rather play another position. This could be fixed by having people put roles in order, 1-5 and then try to give 1-2 pref to people. you could make the search criteria be fastest game (pref order considered, but not most important)and role preference(only match games that have 1-3 pref available). then games would match a lot faster, and with the option to find a new team, if you get number 5 you can just leave the match without being punished. i find that through team builder, my team is more solid, which is usually the problem when you get a loss. All in all i say its good. but riot needs to incorporate more creativity and ergonomics to this new feature to make it run smoother. this is my major complaint to riot in general. there needs to be more practical thinking in order to streamline accessibility.

Edit: i want credit if you implement this :3 XD

xxfragnubxx

03-12-2014

LIGHTS OUT!

In this style, its blind pick like usual, but there is 1 catch, you DONT know who your facing (in load up screens/gameplay) until you SEE them on the minimap...just a thought.

This would to lead to many surprise peoples, and make the game more interesting bc you dont know who your fighting till you see them

LebronzeJaymz

03-12-2014

Quote:
In this style, its blind pick like usual, but there is 1 catch, you DONT know who your facing (in load up screens/gameplay) until you SEE them on the minimap...just a thought.

This would to lead to many surprise peoples, and make the game more interesting bc you dont know who your fighting till you see them
this would remove the ability to counter another team. i dont like the idea of removing a key strat component.

Jaxh19

03-12-2014

I think the idea of it is really great, just one time i was in queue for about 3-5mins waiting for a jungle/tank which was kinda annoying but very worthwhile. i like the fact that every game i am able to play a role that i like or practicing at the time, i have 1 idea i would like to suggest

Have everyone select they roles, not the champions but then go into a ban selection screen (honestly only this if its planned on being ranked)