Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

of the way

03-11-2014

I think some interaction with minions would be nice. They have a decent impact on the game, but there isn't a lot of strategy involving them.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-11-2014
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel View Post
This, although I don't know that it will be flash that comes in.

I really don't like this move at all. Not a fan of shoving the meta in the LCD's face, and you're just going to shake things up for a bit until everyone figures out the next best spell and uses it. Obviously exhaust will likely be one of them, but this is going to massively shift balance. We had a discussion up about whether or not to introduce revive trinkets at all, and now all of a sudden we are just told they are going to happen?

Five exhaust teams not considered an issue? Multiple CV's for jungle control not an issue? 5 flash/exhaust teams not an issue? I just wish we were talked to- on the forums, before people go nuts- before it was assumed this would be a good idea.

Since this is apparently another change that is going to happen whether I like it or not- you cannot give charges to revive. It would make it nigh impossible to come back late after a hard early game. Enemy team could essentially know they were going to win at 100 hp because they have all revive charges left. There has to be a CD. Maybe its less than what we currently have, but there has to be one.

Personally, I would have left revive in the game and added a trinket that lowered revive CD. Maybe that trinket had charges. That way, you could add other trinkets as well and have a legitimate argument as to what to get.

If this is the only trinket added, btw, you aren't "teaching" people the meta either. They're just going to pick it up because its the only one available.
This isn't a change that has to happen at all. I'm not going to force this on you guys if you don't want it. Feedback so far seems pretty positive, but if I've missed the mark with this then let me know.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
This isn't a change that has to happen at all. I'm not going to force this on you guys if you don't want it. Feedback so far seems pretty positive, but if I've missed the mark with this then let me know.
I left Dominion because it has become incredibly stagnant. If you implement something like this i will be back just because i would want to test this kind of huge change.

Romantic Metro

03-11-2014

This is going to be interesting. I'm all for the shake up. I like the idea of secondary effects on a revive trinket. Safe to assume the passives are all game and don't go on CD or turn off after the charges?

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-11-2014
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Can you make the trinket upgrade like in SR? Even if it costs no gold to upgrade and instead have a time requirement or another type of requirement, you can make it so you need to "upgrade" in order to get another Revive. Depending on how it's done, you could make it so that the early game, mid game, and late game periods of the game becomes more obviously.

You could also split up the power of the current Revive where one upgrade would give you the Health bonus, another would give you the "homeguard" speed boost that Revive has currently.

Also, another thing ManWolf, conversations like this has happened before and people in the past were worried that if Revive was taken out as a summoner spell, people would just get Exhaust and Ignite and cause too much imbalances into the game. I wanted to ask if you had plans to rework the summoner spells in Dominion in the near future.

Although, I do want to point out that I do appreciate the change because it "shakes things up" a bit. I've said this before that I don't mind if things become imbalanced here and there as long as Dominion improves in the long run. I would honestly have you experiment and have some imbalances added and removed in each patch than nothing happening at all because you wanted to get something perfect before you release it.

And if it just so happens that maybe you could use another person's hand. I heard a certain wolf would like to work with you. He has an incredible high MMR in Dominion, was at least Gold in solo queue for S2 and S3, obtained the rank of Diamond for 3v3, and is currently on a Plat 5v5 SR team. Maybe you could do something to get some extra help *wink* *wink* or maybe a paid internship *wink* *wink*
I like using evolutions as a means for CD gating if no CD is too crazy/difficult to use.

We'll definitely have to re-evaluate summoner spells.

Unfortunately, the hiring stuff is out of my hands Best of luck to Fancy though.

Rebonack

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
I don't think you're too far off the mark. Most of the folks sounding off seem to think that this (or at least some variation on this) is a great idea.

I would make one amendment, though.

Start off with two Revive charges rather than three. Ten minutes after using both charges (or fifteen, or whatever amount of time proves best) you get a third charge.

This would prevent folks from stockpiling three revives to stomp all over potential comebacks.

Kaiseresc

03-11-2014

with the trinket, you're gonna have the Dawn of Flash. Anything that has no gapcloser and a bad/non-existant movespeed buff is going to be boned.
I dislike this idea simply because I will have to face an Ignite + Flash Kassadin. Or an Ignite + Flash Khazix. Guys with quick escapes will escape even easily. Guys with easy gapclosers will catch up. Guys without gapclosers will waste their revive catching someone? Bad idea, the other's will use it also and then you can't catch up.

Orphane

03-11-2014

• Increased health regen out of combat
  • Increased mana regen out of combat
  • Stacking stat bonus over time (pls get rid of Rod of Ages)
  • Increase movement and capping power of nearby minions
  • Decreased % damage taken from opponents that are out of sight
  • Redirect portion of damage taken by nearby allies to you
  • Degen "tagging" that reverses or steals healing
  • Slow all capture rates of nearby turrets (both ally and enemy)
  • Temporarily suppressing bonus movement speed (perhaps over a certain threshold aka suck it speed shrines and pooters) upon hit/spell hit
  • Suppress movement spells upon hit/spell hit
  • While under the effects of one trap, you cannot be affected by new triggered traps but you can trigger them (LOLOLOLOL)
  • Alarm traps that last for a short duration ( say, 1 min ) but ping whenever an enemy passes over it w/o revealing said enemy (probably impossible)
  • Autoattacks "tag" an enemy, causing all nearby friendly turrets/minions to aggro them
  • Constantly leave a trail behind you that increases ally movement speed (aka Galio)
  • Constant poro generator

Explorifice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

priscilla's blessing

or maybe an effect like it?

Koravel

03-11-2014

Flash/Ghost with revive trinket and distortion buff on boots.

All hail the mighty POOTERSS!