Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-11-2014
1 of 9 Riot Posts

!----DOMINION FORUMS----!

Hey Denizens of The Scar,

I've been working on revive trinkets this week and the functionality is all in place. Now it's time to give them a unique touch. It would be simple enough to fill stat gaps, but let's think bigger. What are some unique and interesting mechanics we can bring to Dominion? What would you guys like to see? Feel free to go nuts. Ex- "I want to turn invisible for 5 seconds whenever I hit a speed shrine." That probably won't happen, but maybe some form of it.

Current functionality: 3 revive charges with no CD.

Aside from suggestions, feel free to discuss implications of the change here too.

molokodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

Revive summoner removal upon introduction?

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-11-2014
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokodude View Post
Revive summoner removal upon introduction?
That's the plan.

konfetarius

03-11-2014

Oh boy, I remember suggesting stuff on the topic upon trinket reveal, let me dig it up:

Quick dirty unbalanced example:

Trinket 1 - loonng range single target Captain Boots buff trinket. Help an ally maneuver, gank, escape, etc. Make bot lane ganking/counterganking more interesting.

Trinket 2 - channeled summon of an ally. Basically put a marker under the ally's position (to avoid STOP HELPING ME abuse), if the ally sits on it for 5 seconds, teleports him to your location.

Trinket 3 - point defense/offense MS boost trinket. While standing close to a capture point, can be cast for a mini-ghost effect.

An important point though, you will have hell of a time balancing a revive trinket with more regular style trinkets.

Another important point, a charge rather than cooldown based trinket will be... encouraging for weaker players to blow their revives early and have it rendered useless for them for the rest of the game.

Eyrgos

03-11-2014

A Banner of Command esque passive... after a short delay of being in the vicinity of a creep-wave, they receive bonuses.

Health shrines now provide speed boosts as well.

Improved Storm Relic buff... increases auto & ability range by 10% for its duration or something awesome.

Option to respawn at a held tower.

Penteano

03-11-2014

I'd suggest 2 revive charges with no CD for better strategic use.

Talith PA

03-11-2014

Does this mean a variety of revive trinkets that also perform other functions? Or just trinket options in general?

Zerglinator

03-11-2014

Bonus Capture Speed? Reduce enemy capture speed while near your own point? Increased stats from Storm Relic?

konfetarius

03-11-2014

Oh, wait, maybe I am reading this wrong:

The current plan is to have a revive charge trinket with a PASSIVE bonus of your choosing based on purchase?

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-11-2014
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Does this mean a variety of revive trinkets that also perform other functions? Or just trinket options in general?
Variety of revive trinkets with secondary functions.

1234511 ... 36