Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tristnal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

I'm not often posting on the forums, but goddamn. I love the team builder setup and with some more support and tweaking, could result in a VERY solid boost to the negativity that the community puts forward during disagreements during champ select. This mode still allows for non-meta play, and a team captain can pick and choose to accept certain picks, which is nice.

While there might be a long wait time at the present, I've yet to have a wait beyond 3 minutes or so.

Props to Riot, my hopes are that Hexakill and Team Builder remain and move forward.

Dalexxx

03-11-2014

I just have to say that i am very impressed with this new matchmaking system. I have been an off and on player since basically the start of this game and i am genuinely happy with it I can't wait for a 3's version of this.

NuNrg

03-11-2014

I think this is a fantastic idea and one that we've all been waiting for.

The only problem is that the queue is too long during this beta. A better approach would have been to disable draft and blind pick so that we're all forced to use this engine.

I feel this is the direction Riot should go towards. Auto, instalocks are annoying and ruin the game. Having to mash your keyboard during champ selection to get the role you want only to argue who typed it first based on who entered the room first...you get my point...

Lets make this a permanent feature.

Jadkanizm

03-11-2014

if you apply this same idea but with the normal lobby joining ability like normal quing this would be so much faster and so much better so much less trolling for places would be placed

mimimonk

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunceymo View Post
Are champions enforced unique, like in draft, or can both teams have the same champ, like blind pick? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
it is like blind pick, ive had multiple games with same champ on both teams

CelFro

03-11-2014

This needs to stay permanently. It is a huge improvement over the typical blind pick where new players just autolock or argue about who should go where...
The queue seemed faster for me, and if you were not happy with your team makeup, the ability to just click "join another team" is perfect.
I hope this stays. Can we vote on this?

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

03-11-2014
43 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMeltFire View Post
Just wanted to leave a positive comment. I love the way team builder looks and feels. I've only been able to play a couple of games because of my busy schedule this week, but I think Riot nailed it with this. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Glad you like it - thank you!

mimimonk

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNrg View Post
I think this is a fantastic idea and one that we've all been waiting for.

The only problem is that the queue is too long during this beta. A better approach would have been to disable draft and blind pick so that we're all forced to use this engine.

I feel this is the direction Riot should go towards. Auto, instalocks are annoying and ruin the game. Having to mash your keyboard during champ selection to get the role you want only to argue who typed it first based on who entered the room first...you get my point...

Lets make this a permanent feature.
I agree this should be a permanent feature, but I disagree it should be the only one, people shouldn't be forced into a new thing like this, only people who want to play it should. I think they did it justice as a beta, by having it alongside everything else, and if they make it a permanent feature I hope they keep it that way.
p.s. if It was the only way to play, the queues would be freaking ridiculous.

CelFro

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzadDeBz View Post
Curious why captains don't have multiple options for roles. For instance setting up toplane I would be ok with a tank OR a fighter. Jungle I would be fine with tank OR fighter OR certain assassins. Mid I would be fine with mage OR assassin. Why do I have to limit it to only one of them and narrow possible matches?
If this was implemented, I think it would lower queue time.

PuhPeterPow9001

03-11-2014

Maybe for ranked, Team Builder should just be roles instead of roles + champs. That way, when in a lobby, teams can communicate on comps and bans.