Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeedFetish

03-11-2014

I absolutely love the feature with the one big previously mentioned flaw..the matchmaking. As someone who just hit lvl 30, I want to learn, and though I guess I could say I learned from one of the best, a diamond cait and a diamond thresh against someone like myself who just hit 30 playing vayne, and a bronze 5 25% win rate in ranked mundo support..ouch. Not only is it a hard lane in itself with the 550 vs 650 range, but the skill was just vastly different. I think mundo was 0-8 by the 8 minute mark. They could have finished pre-20, but prolonged the game just to spam laugh/taunt inside the base for like 3 minutes.

PK Bolt

03-11-2014

I may suggest being able to switch the roles after you've made a group. We all know that champions can have several roles for instance; LuLu can go support or mage. So if you end up with, say, a bottom/support that doubles as a tank and you'd put in a request for a jungle/tank, you should at least be able to switch the role out and ask for a jungle/fighter or something instead (unless you want two tanks, but this is just an example).
Either that or being able to have the option to set up more than one role for each position when you're the gm may be nice. Being able to do that would also probably decrease the wait time for players, and they would probably be less likely to leave the queue because of the time (which has happened A LOT).
Or even being able to select more than one role might work (might) like being bottom/support-tank.

thunderstruck3

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardj5 View Post
i shall pink taric top, with no one to question me
i'm questioning you

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

Some way of adding the abillity for people who fill would be nice. I have stronger positions and champions but, have just filled in roles most of my League career. So just having one champion for one or 2 roles feels very hamstrung compared to havingmany options most times.

Also I enjoy playing different games greatly but, the options for doing things against the meta seem a little hamstrung as well. Had a game earlier with a kill lane bottom and ADC top. Really fun game but, I do not think it would have been easily put together if those 3 had not set up the room first. So all they had to do was find a standard mid mage and w/e jungler.

FYI couldn't wait for this mode love the idea and truely love the potential. Great work and can't wait to see how it develops and to see some of the fun stats you put together. Especially curious to see the toxcity stats.

Pelos

03-11-2014

Just lanes and roll's. If you remove the champ select, then picks and bans will be able to be in effect and thus we can rank with no toxicity.

TheXthDoctor

03-11-2014

Couple of bugs I just experienced.

1. After existing post-game (after a fun, yet disastrous game with RiotTempest), and attempting to queue for ARAM, I got this: http://i.imgur.com/Doayjye.png

2. I was kicked from a lobby, and was getting the sounds from their chat as if I was still in the lobby.

CrimsonAlkemist

03-11-2014

Tried Team builder for the first time. One thing I find awkward is you cannot change summoners spells while you're in the lobby. I was support and the adc told me I should've taken exhaust instead of heal. And I couldn't change.

Also I think a summoners spell screen should pop up right after you select your champion. I almost went in with smite-flash...

I totally support the idea, although there is no need for all the detailed options.
How about being able to queue by choosing position only? That would simplify everything. This way you can still choose a team comp/spells that have synergy, without bickering for the lane.

Arrmante

03-11-2014

I understand why the regular formula isn't applied to ranked - the teams wouldn't be able to ban or counter-pick, which is a big part of the strategy.

What if instead of picking a champion though you simply chose your role and lane? That way everyone going in knows what's going to be picked by who, and you could even still trade if you wanted so that your pick order doesn't get screwed by giving away your carries and lane positions with obvious first and second round picks, but you can still ban champions since no one has a locked choice right away. As an example I have picked adc as my spot, but I'm first pick. I talk to my support who is third round pick and we configure a trade so that we don't give away who our carry is off the bat. This would alleviate the stress from teams arguing in lobby over lane positions or the last pick getting stuck with something they aren't proficient at, but still keeps all the best parts of ranked draft intact.

CrimsonAlkemist

03-11-2014

I think I experienced a bug where I was unable to change summoners spells for some reason, I just queued another game and I can change them in the lobby. Sorry for the false information.

B00tyWarriorr

03-11-2014

Basically teambuilder is for people who care about winning normals and think the only way to win is to pick the top tier champs in any given role. As soon as someone sees Jungle Fiora ofc they are going to chose a diff team even though she's incredible in the jungle. Enforces the meta, wasted resources.