Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonChaseMe

03-10-2014

when will it come out for good?

DPS Dhdog

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmasadistic View Post
I really do not understand why everyone is hating on this mode. I for one have had nothing but great experiences with it so far. I haven't had 1 toxic player yet and i am finding games within 1 minute usually. I have played different roles and was able to find matches. I hope it sticks around
Toxic people are toxic because of who they are not, some different type of game mode is not going to make them stop being toxic get real and also most people have had 15-30 minute pops on games.

DragonNinjaZack

03-10-2014

I really love to not have to see the fight junt to pick a lane

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by djump View Post
link
I'd like to reiterate this idea I posted earlier. You can read details there, but basically I have this concern:

Seeding off of normal MMR is problematic for those that play ranked heavily. My ranked MMR is noticably higher than my normals MMR and I had a pretty crappy time in my first TB game because the team skill level was much lower than I'm used to(especially mid-late game. shesh! it's been forever since i played with people that wandered aimlessly so much). It discourages me from playing support or counting on my teammates until I can grind back up to a higher MMR.

I would love it if you could seed TB MMR with ranked MMR info when available. I think some sort of weighting of ranked MMR relative to normal MMR based on games played would be a much improved seed MMR.

I would LOVE it if you could impliment something like this in the real roll-out.

Thanks so much for the hard work, even if this doesn't happen, TB still rocks my socks off.

Myrddin

03-10-2014

My real problem is this is we can't ban, i can't change my champion based on team needs. I would love to wukong jungle, but sometimes the team needs a more pure tank. Why can't we just queue up for the roles we want, with a list of our preferred champions then go on from there. Make everyone pick at least 4 champions so it is impossible for them to be banned out and then proceed like a normal draft match.

Mstrpwnr

03-10-2014

What would be nice is if you did the concept of picking lane and role before so you set up a team for ranked then go onto choosing champions. That way you don't have someone who isn't skilled in a certain lane trying a new lane in ranked because he couldn't get his main role.

MightFurry

03-10-2014

Suggestion
1)Don't ask people what champ they're going to play before joining the team builder
- By asking player choosing champion before getting in team builder, player is restricted to play that champion only. Which in my opinion, give the team captain a bit over power/selfishness if he doesn't agree with the player's choice of champion. It also make the queue much longer than it should be. Just ask people what role they want, top/mid/jungle/bot/adc, then put them in to champion selection screen like the old system. Most of the argument start because of people want to be in certain lane/role. People argue which other people's champion choice is minimal.

2)Let player queue for more than one lane or role.
-I think this can only be done if the first one is done. Most player can play multiple role/lane. So if you don't just restrict them to one champion or one role, the queue would be faster.

In summary:
-Team builder > ask which roles/lane > bring player to the champion selection screen with indicator which role/lane they selected for. Also add another report for non compliance if player refuse to play the role/lane they picked .

Thank you for reading.

Street Saint

03-10-2014

Here are a few of my first impressions.

1. I agree that selecting a champion should be optional and choosing a lane and role should suffice.

2. Initially, when choosing your champion/skin, there should be an X box on the side that can allow you to return to the lobby. Currently, you have to choose a champion and skin before you can return to the lobby.

3. I think captains should also be able to change their mind about who else they want on their team rather than having to close out and reset-up the whole thing.

My two cents for now. I'll post more as I think of it.

Ubenrooblite

03-10-2014

Wondering where i could go to report any bugs i was looking around and couldnt find it

Draviex

03-10-2014

Team builder is a bit laggy for some reason. My random teammates and I get it a lot for some reason.