Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teamwork OoooooP

Junior Member

03-10-2014

First time use the system, I think the system is good idea for player.

However ever I have some advice for RIOT changing the system.

1. Deleted the Champion selection, The select is bad idea. For example, I can pick Kassdin to win all game. some people will always pick one stronger champion in a while.

2. Deleted the ROLE. The ROLE make people become so confuse. I ask my gf. Do you understand what is Fighter, what is Assassin? This is so hard to make some player to understand, I think the ROLE is not necessary. I think 5 Assassin also can win a game. Teemo can not be Tank?Someone will build Teemo tank. I think every thing is fine.

3. When clicked Find Group, We dont need everyone to make sure they want to play that. I think the system will control people to pick stronger champion to play. I think it is bad. My idea is they also can use different champion to test different position. LIKE : JINX can be a jungler, TSM NIGHTBLUE3 said he can use her for a jungler, so I think the system just go into to like draft mode to pick and ban champions.


This is my advice. Thank you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BulbBuster

Junior Member

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneegrowdahmuzz View Post
Well I am also on the East Coast on the NA PBE server and I have no option, just Blind Pick 5v5, Draft 5v5, and ranked draft 5v5, absolutely no option for Team Builder.
I just logged on .. PVP, CLassic,
Summoners Rift 5v5, Normal Team builder right on top


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeacherTrish

Member

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulbBuster View Post
Lol but in between you can practice roles just don't call a spot and say fill!! .. Play the role that's left..
Usually the role that's left is support, and now after no more than a month I've turned into an amazing support. But obviously, eventually I want to become amazing at other roles. So yeah, sorry but you're wrong here, not everybody is a baby about what role or lane to play, some of us actually "whine" because we want to improve. Get it right./Fin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aboutblank98

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-10-2014

gonna test it out!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furritus

Senior Member

03-10-2014

Is it possible to give you're teams a composition setting so people know what kind of composition you are playing, poke comp all in comp, non-meta comp etc etc.?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BulbBuster

Junior Member

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote357 View Post
They should let you choose your champion after you have been accepted into a team and lane. This way you can build a team that works well together while still having the lane you originally wished for.
If they do that though , Then what would be the point of team builder? Unless you meane select your roll then pick your champion when you get into a team that would be a great idea.. But they have to stop letting people Select Jinx, Then have her as support.. That's bs and trolling to the max


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kneegrowdahmuzz

Member

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulbBuster View Post
I just logged on .. PVP, CLassic,
Summoners Rift 5v5, Normal Team builder right on top
I also just logged in and Summers Rift 5v5..... nope its not there right up top on my client. Is there any rioters out there on this thread that know of a solution?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingOfJupiter

Junior Member

03-10-2014

I really like it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kahlebb

Senior Member

03-10-2014

So, here's some quick feedback, since apparently that's helpful:

Have done 2 games so far:

-The first I built a poke/siege team following a fairly standard meta. I had to bump a few folks, and explain what we were doing in chat, but it was pretty easy to get together a team (with syngergy!). Because teamwork OP, we won easily, with everyone doing what their role on the team was designed to do. I had no trouble putting together this team.

- The second game, however, I had to cheat (and this is where I think Team Builder could use some improvement). I tried to set up a game of 'all bruisers, all-in, all day' (a la some of Season 2, but fully committed). The plan was tanky bruisers in all lanes/roles with hard initiates and some cc. This works great, until you ask for people to join your game as fighter/tank bot lane. Kill lane may be viable, and it may be recognized, but no one is going to queue for that, because of the time it would take to find a team (and other reasons). After more than 20 minutes of waiting, there was not a single taker on playing bruisers bot.

...SO: I created a game with 3 spots for 'top' bruisers, then as people joined, I asked if anyone would be willing to go duo bot for a kill lane. I quickly found a few (since these people got to play the champs they wanted, and knew they would have to share cs, etc). At this point a team came together quickly (and we went on to all-in our way to an EASY victory. My Trundle mid OP.

So ultimately team builder did what it was supposed to: Let me put together a fun, interesting, non-typical comp, full of people that were willing to play that type of game. However, to do it I had to 'get around' how the system is currently set up. I don't know what the answer is to this 'problem', but it seems that it's one place team builder could use improvement.

Anyhow, just a few anecdotes from my early experiences to help inform the discussion. Hope it helps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BulbBuster

Junior Member

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherTrish View Post
Usually the role that's left is support, and now after no more than a month I've turned into an amazing support. But obviously, eventually I want to become amazing at other roles. So yeah, sorry but you're wrong here, not everybody is a baby about what role or lane to play, some of us actually "whine" because we want to improve. Get it right./Fin.
I have no problem playing roles I wont, Yeah your right.. Most the time the only spot let is support , if your last pick.. Play draft get your ELO up and then you will be ok To play other roles..