Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuluDammit

03-10-2014

Is it still up? I'm stuck in a login queue.

B00bear

03-10-2014

I really like the overall idea and layout of this mode. One thing I noticed is that people take a while to get into queue so it takes about 5-10 mins before the game actually gets going. I really love how you can choose your role and your preferred champion. I really hope this sticks around.

SuperJoeW

03-10-2014

Ofc the new matching system helps a lot on getting positions. But still far different from what I thought it could be. Players choose champions that not familiar with to play. It's common to have 2 lanes troll in one game. It seems everything has its mirror side :/

ExaltedVanguard

03-10-2014

BUG REPORT:
I found a group, didn't like it, and hit join a different group. I continued to hear the "clicking" of people typing in chat, and my window would flash despite no longer being part of the group.

Sengicia

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunceymo View Post
Are champions enforced unique, like in draft, or can both teams have the same champ, like blind pick? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
actually it sets up a full team then queues for one it is just blind pick with everything done before and enemy team is selected

GuerillaTact

03-10-2014

I think it would add a lot to the fun of team builder if we could browse different team setups that captains have created. This way we could evaluate each team before choosing them. A great way to do this would be to split the teams into categories based on number of champions in each lane, type of champions in each lane, etc. But I'm sure this idea already occurred to one of the rioters on the team that created team builder. What were the complications/objections to this idea if it was brought up?

BeBePro

03-10-2014

Keep up the good work, Riot.

HimiGrey

03-10-2014

I only can say this...
Awesome.

WafflesTheEpic

03-10-2014

"Team Builder is a new queue where you can queue up for a specific champion, position and role. After letting the system know what you want to play, you can build your own balanced team or join an existing one where everyone's bought in on where they're going and what they're playing."

So lets say I want to play something in a role that isn't normal for it; like if I wanted to try Urgot mid ,or something like that, will I not get a team because people wont go outside the meta? Or will people just kick me from the builder, or will I be forced by host to play something else?

Reina Perra

03-10-2014

It's awesome, but the times are so long. Even when you find a game, you're still stuck until someone pops up in that specific role. Which means you sit there waiting for Supports.

I did find a fun way to find a team quickly though. Set every role to Top Lane. Filled up in 20 seconds flat and somehow managed to get a perfect team comp. It was amazing.