Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaostothemax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Team Builder matchmaking does seed from Normal MMR, but your problem isn't necessarily with Team Builder.

Team Builder does not take into account Ranked statistics, so if you're facing Diamond players, it could be because that team doesn't play Normals often and are trying Team Builder out for the first time. As players play more Team Builder games, issues like these will smooth out over time.
In the picture, the Diamond player is shown as having ~1750 normal wins. He definitely plays normals fairly often.

IIllIlIIl

03-10-2014

In my opinion:
Blind Pick
-Fillers
-Duo Queues
-No wait
-Team Construction

Draft Pick
-Ranked Practice
-Game with Bans
-Possible Solo Que
-Team Construction

Team Build
-Great for Solo Queue
-Teams of 4 needing one last person
-Cannot make a consistant team comp.

Gooooober

03-10-2014

Quote:
The current version of Team Builder focuses on champion select, and not on drafting or counterpicking. Given that those are critical to the strategy of competitive game modes, we aren't sure how Team Builder will work in Ranked modes just yet but it's something we're thinking about.

How about just to be able to que for a specific role in ranked? Can still figure counters, swapping etc. but when in champ select it would show the role qued for to help with the fights of who goes where 1st pick over calls etc. etc.

sgakl0

03-10-2014

looks good

Iconyk

03-10-2014

This needs to be in ranked IMMEDIATELY.

The Anti Her0

03-10-2014

I love Team Builder, its easy to use and lets me try out the champs I've been wanting to play with out having to worry about someone else wanting to play that champ or that position. In the games that I have played I have noticed that the players are happier as well making the game more pleasant as a whole. I'll take the 10-15 que time over the alternative anytime. Well done, my interest in League has reignited. Thank You all very Much

sgakl0

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
How about just to be able to que for a specific role in ranked? Can still figure counters, swapping etc. but when in champ select it would show the role qued for to help with the fights of who goes where 1st pick over calls etc. etc.
so what?

fReAkThEzOiD

03-10-2014

There should be a list of players available... not just an instant choice,
and perhaps i want to change my champ after i called a position ????
would make it a lot faster for teams to establish !

GhostflamesQC

03-10-2014

Hi,

is it normal to have searched for a top lane tank for over 15 minutes and found nothing ?

And when I try to cancel it to queue for any role its not available, I can't even cancel the queue wtf ??

Comon just think it through before you release something, even a beta, dont you think people want to have the opportunity to change the queue for the remaining champion if they change their mind for the setup of the team ?

Kind of a bummer for something ive been waiting on for over 2 years

I'll try it again when you finish it, thanks

KTfreak4Jesus

03-10-2014

Quote:
The current version of Team Builder focuses on champion select, and not on drafting or counterpicking. Given that those are critical to the strategy of competitive game modes, we aren't sure how Team Builder will work in Ranked modes just yet but it's something we're thinking about.
How about you just pick the role you want and thats it? I wanna play support in ranked. So I just click ranked < Team Builder < Pick your Role < Start. I get put into a game with the standard 2 teams and everything works like it does now. Simple and everyone is happier to get their role and the countering stays the same.