Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Kranky

03-10-2014

I love teambuilder i can play league all day cause i go were i want idc about the loading time, it should defenitly be there for ever so great!!!!!

Mr Kranky

03-10-2014

Love teambuilder <333

Mr Kranky

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by no look at me View Post
What if we don't want to pick a champion and just want to go with whatever is left?
Then play on blind pick no?

OberonDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2014

Been waiting 18 minutes for a jungle and AD and nothing so far. Just me, a top, and support.

ElRuBeNaToR

03-10-2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	Patrick i love you.png
Views:	25
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	913514Honestly i think team builder is great,, and i think that you guys should replace the normal queues. Its so much better and you dont have to deal with those kids who autolock for their position and then argue and lose. I love this game mode

PerfectBeans

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunceymo View Post
Are champions enforced unique, like in draft, or can both teams have the same champ, like blind pick? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
Just played a game with two Dravens, so yes, it's possible.

European on Me

Recruiter

03-10-2014

love the game mode riot some way should b incorporated in ranked though.... maybe just pick your position then be normal draft from there

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-10-2014
30 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen cx View Post
Is team builder matchmaking following MMR or just whatever it takes to make a team?
Second time I get put against diamond players with my team being bronze like myself. :/ Not fun at all when you get pounded the whole game.

http://i.share.pho.to/552a5f55_o.png
Team Builder matchmaking does seed from Normal MMR, but your problem isn't necessarily with Team Builder.

Team Builder does not take into account Ranked statistics, so if you're facing Diamond players, it could be because that team doesn't play Normals often and are trying Team Builder out for the first time. As players play more Team Builder games, issues like these will smooth out over time.

573v3IV

03-10-2014

So here are some suggestions I came up with...
-maybe we could have a button where you have a preference to find someone willing to leash a certain buff or invade?
-maybe a type of fill option for people who are willing to play any or some of the champs/roles
-and maybe an option to choose what type of champions/roles you want on your team?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-10-2014
31 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberforth View Post
Please please please do not ever implement this system in ranked queues. First of all, I think the system is a GREAT idea, specifically for people wanting to practice a specific champion/role. That being said,climbing the ranked ladder in league is about being able to play ever single role adequately, and therefore expanding your overall knowledge of the game. For my first 100 or so games of League, I literally strictly played AP mid, and if this system were in place at the time, I probably would only play that role. It is a system that DISCOURAGES the learning and application of all roles, and expansive knowledge of the game. I still suck, but I am beginning to embrace the struggle that is the ranked ladder, and the essence of this struggle is being able to do whatever is necessary (including playing different roles) for the good of the team. This system is great and has its uses but should never be implemented in a ranked queue, just my two cents.
Team Builder was specifically designed as a new take on the core Champion Select experience. The system does not account for drafting and counterpicking, which we agree is integral to the competitive League of Legends experience.

If we were to build a Team Builder queue for Ranked Modes, it'd probably look completely different and we'd just incorporate the lessons that worked from Normal Team Builder. We'd also design the system from the ground up with drafting and counterpicking in mind.