Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nitrogen cx

03-10-2014

Is team builder matchmaking following MMR or just whatever it takes to make a team?
Second time I get put against diamond players with my team being bronze like myself. :/ Not fun at all when you get pounded the whole game.

http://i.share.pho.to/552a5f55_o.png

Robert Mugabee

03-10-2014

It appears that if you are in a Group and your Internet connection disconnects and reconnects, it makes all members not be able to click the ready button. Also, if this happens, and a new member joins the Group, their timer will count down to 0 but nothing will happen. This is happening to me on the Mac OS X client.

Macusto

03-10-2014

Already hate it. My first game I joined [Malzahar Mid-Lane Mage], The team captain asks "Why don't you have Flash?" I respond with " I dunno, I just like the extra damage from Ignite".

KICKED INSTANTLY

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-10-2014
29 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaptation Hime View Post
I really like the feature, and look forward to its final release and polish. Only thing, is when it says que times are estimated to be short or very short its taken quite awhile for it to actually find a team =(
The estimated queue times are currently inaccurate and will fluctuate highly over the course of Live Beta. As the system collects data, it'll get more accurate over time and shouldn't be a problem when we launch a permanent version of the feature.

IIllIlIIl

03-10-2014

Back up champions, or have the ability to change champions after all the team is picked. I contantly get into teams of bad comps, or all AD teams, so they build armor and we lose. So an example. I pick top/tank. I choose Malphite, and have my back up Garen. So if i need to i can switch my champion to better my team comp.

Nicolas Flamel

03-10-2014

Please please please do not ever implement this system in ranked queues. First of all, I think the system is a GREAT idea, specifically for people wanting to practice a specific champion/role. That being said,climbing the ranked ladder in league is about being able to play ever single role adequately, and therefore expanding your overall knowledge of the game. For my first 100 or so games of League, I literally strictly played AP mid, and if this system were in place at the time, I probably would only play that role. It is a system that DISCOURAGES the learning and application of all roles, and expansive knowledge of the game. I still suck, but I am beginning to embrace the struggle that is the ranked ladder, and the essence of this struggle is being able to do whatever is necessary (including playing different roles) for the good of the team. This system is great and has its uses but should never be implemented in a ranked queue, just my two cents.

Baconshake

03-10-2014

This is a bit weird. Why not just use adc, mage, support, brawler, jungler as options?

Katamari Skill

03-10-2014

Really like team builder right now. What I've found in my games since everybody is playing their preferred role the games end a lot quicker because people know what to do got through like 7 games in 3 hours that usually never happens. Just wish I could change champions when your in the lobby.

divynesamuri

03-10-2014

I think team builder has A LOT of potential.
1: Have a "fill" option to make match making faster if you so choose and for teams that are looking for a support or something else and can possibly wait for 20-30 minutes just to find the role they don't have yet.
2: Select roles before champions to give room for a "fill" option.
3: To be honest, the "role" option is mainly irrelevant, I would think of the possibility of scraping it if it isn't as significant as lane or champion selection.

laquichiajenkins

03-10-2014

damn it now who will do my 10-page report