Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sekainoowari

03-10-2014

A lot of people have been commenting how nice team builder is.
It's a good mode where u can choose what champion you wish to play, and where to play that champion.
If your team doesn't like you, or the role that you've chosen to play, they can always leave, like in blind pick, but there's no wait time. Additionally, with this new mode, people can't troll you and your team by switching to a different champion at the last moment, and auto lockers can be happy that they will be able to play the role and champion they want

Skyrimmaster45

03-10-2014

This is so fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! the waiting screen is amazing, the music is amazing and its practically lag free. this should be brought back permanently but have its own mode so we still have blind pick. deffenatly shouldn't replace blind pick.

Adaptation Hime

03-10-2014

I really like the feature, and look forward to its final release and polish. Only thing, is when it says que times are estimated to be short or very short its taken quite awhile for it to actually find a team =(

zhelvik

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murxx View Post
I don't understand why champion is relevant to team builder? Why not just lanes or roles?
The Champion that you pick is relevant because some champions can fulfill multiple rolls.

VoidedValefor

03-10-2014

i think there should be a vote to kick a player in the lobby so that the host cant just kick someone it should be a team decision rather than just letting someone kick them because the one person doesnt like their pick.

Hellioning

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
That would definitely be the way to go if the goal of the system were just to allow for rigid standard meta. While many players do play standard meta, "Normal" Team Builder was designed with the philosophy that it should be able to change as players change the meta (without a "ruleset" having to be changed). However, for Ranked play, it may be entirely true that player intention is to just practice a standard meta. As we explore future queue types, the design of the system will need to adapt to the needs of that queue.
For the record, I know that one player doesn't mean much, but if a role select thing gets into Ranked, I'm going to stop playing Ranked. Like, I already barely care (I'm gold for the first time since I started playing and I'm only excited for that because it means I get the Victorious Whatever skin) (Viktorious please?) but if this happens I'm never playing it again.

Doing that will reduce the tactical depth, give the 'MID OR I FEED' guys everything they want, and allow people to overspecialize in one particular role, which ruins their game sense.

xxPhasexx

03-10-2014

An idea for pick and bans, when in queue with your new team, everyone votes for which champions should be banned. If a champion is banned that another player is playing, they will have to choose a new champion. Just an idea

Adaptation Hime

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrimmaster45 View Post
This is so fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! the waiting screen is amazing, the music is amazing and its practically lag free. this should be brought back permanently but have its own mode so we still have blind pick. deffenatly shouldn't replace blind pick.
I actually prefer this to completely replace blind pick. Blind Pick in its current state generates the most toxic behavior between players simply by its design. I feel like it wont be missed, Having to quickly call your role as soon as possible and get butt hurt players or trollers just isn't healthy imo

Ark Angel HFB

03-10-2014

Here is my take on this...

Problems...
1. It is slow.

2. You are still not really building a team.

3. The pre-picking of champs with the ability for the owner to kick enforces and stagnates the meta.

4. The pre-picking of champs allows for NO teamwork in actually BUILDING a team that works well together. (For example, you see that your mid is Ori... and you'd like to play shaco or wukong to be a great ball delivery system. well too bad you Q'd as ud and are stuck with that champ.)

5. There is no way to ban problem champs. (Kass in every game)

1pkranger9

03-10-2014

Its beast.