Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roshiehawk

Recruiter

03-10-2014

So I open team builder and pressed "join a team" then I chose my champion, spells, runes but I didn't choose my masteries yet cause I was looking at a friends masteries for reference. When I went back to the team builder to choose my masteries, all my friends masteries were there to choose from. I didn't mix up my masteries with my friends because my friend has about 14 pages of masteries while I have about 9 pages.

Bakaara Abaki

03-10-2014

im gonna pick mid

froyoj1

03-10-2014

as in who ate all the supports and marksmen? 45 min wait time to find a bot lane...

Trying again with 90% premade to see if that makes things any better but so far not impressed

njw0915

03-10-2014

Then how about the trolls? People can go "oh, let me go melee against ranged bot lane, we can win!" or is it banned to have a melee champ on bot lane? Didn't try it out fully so Im not sure, just wondering what would happen

Voltorocks

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavajoViking View Post
To lower the wait time, why not have a checklist of roles/lanes you'd like to play. The system will see what matches with what, it'll tell your role/lane and then champ select like normal? Seems most logical.
THIS

"I want to play wukong, don't care if it's top or jungle"
-or-
"I'd Like to go Jarvan top, but doesn't matter to me whether they want a fighter or a tank"
-or even-
"I just want to play mid; IDC whether they want a physical assassin or an AP or whatever"

It'd be most awesome if this system allowed people to simply narrow their search, rather than choose very specifically what they want and then hope there's a team out there that wants that exact thing.

Oncemen

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtechx View Post
ive just played my 4th game using team builder and i found it was a really nice way to find less people willing to troll you. on my 4th game i got 3 people trolling just because `it doesnt matter, its fun`, intentionally feeding the enemy team etc so i need to ask: is there any way we could introduce a `rate this player` within Team Builder? like, i really think the Honor system is useless right now and we have lots of issues with trolls so we could use that space Honor is using right now and put something like this. THen, when people try to queue, captain can see their score ( be it number, stars ) and let people in or kick people that are low rated.
Like MeowMeowBeenz! (Community anyone?)

WhiteWeiner

03-10-2014

Bring One for all back

Elwasd

03-10-2014

I am enjoying it so far. I would like to see something similar in ranked queues, but instead of being forced to pick 1 champ and 1 role, lets say you can just check off which roles you would like to play (I like to jungle/mid) and then pick/ban accordingly. I you DO want to try something crazy and not get flamed for it, THEN select the champ/role and see if you can get a team to go along for it with you.

Just my 2 cents.

davin

Senior User Researcher

03-10-2014
28 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
All you need to do for soloQ is let the team pre-designate their positions they desire so everyone gets what they want.
In soloQ you rarely break meta and if you do its usually either with the teams consent or completely against their will, so nothing will change.
That would definitely be the way to go if the goal of the system were just to allow for rigid standard meta. While many players do play standard meta, "Normal" Team Builder was designed with the philosophy that it should be able to change as players change the meta (without a "ruleset" having to be changed). However, for Ranked play, it may be entirely true that player intention is to just practice a standard meta. As we explore future queue types, the design of the system will need to adapt to the needs of that queue.

THEBIGVEE

03-10-2014

Qued in as support thresh, finds a game 2 seconds later