Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Some Ocelots

Recruiter

03-10-2014

Support Q-times are around 78 milliseconds, maybe longer if you're unlucky.

Practice your support guys!

Avarier

03-10-2014

I keep getting putting into queue with the 5man mid teams!!! This isn't a custom game, it's supposed to build a REAL team! How is this kind of junk allowed in TB effective in making better teams?

Malechamawitz

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengarii View Post
'cause Urgot supp just wont fly
But Soraka TOP does. And I've seen it happen.

RedTruth

03-10-2014

The system you have in place here is great; I love that champion, role, and lane are all differentiated. The main problem now is actually finding a game... I've been sitting here for upwards of 30 minutes looking for one with no luck.

Most of the time I have 2 or 3 players in my team, waiting for a few more. I haven't even been able to hold 4 for more than a minute. Very frustrating.

fReAkThEzOiD

03-10-2014

I love the team builder !!!!!

Thank you sooo much its the best thing ever !!!!!
No more headache !!!!!

Awesome fast plays !!!!

Yes i wait 2 min more but hey it pays for it self !!!!!

I love the team builder
i love the team builder
i love the team builder
i love the team builder
i love the team builder
i love the team builder
i don`t love the team builder * firs edit
the first 3 games were perhaps just luck... now i have to wait 10 - 15 min cause some peeps are too picky

A Sleepy Viking

03-10-2014

Thanks btab, ceciliaicy, davin, DoctahWayne, Drevarius, Fr3nchT0ast, Goggalor, MissMechaZero, RiotBahamut, RiotBlackrook, RiotComplex, RiotExLibris, RiotId, RiotJayway, RiotLobster, RiotLulu, RiotMartlet, RiotNeuroCat, RiotNoyz, RiotSeb, RiotTantram, RiotWorldPeace, Ryedan, scezumin, statuskwoh, stochasticmx, VonBurgermeister, Yegg and Yupster ! We all love what you have done and what will happen to future league!

Fugglenuts

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Ocelots View Post
Support Q-times are around 78 milliseconds, maybe longer if you're unlucky.

Practice your support guys!
This guy knows what's up

namgolden

03-10-2014

No more role calling! Riot, thank you!!!!

Kayoh

03-10-2014

I just tried this out and my only real concern so far is that this system isnt really for competitive play specifically for solo Q.
All you need to do for soloQ is let the team pre-designate their positions they desire so everyone gets what they want.
In soloQ you rarely break meta and if you do its usually either with the teams consent or completely against their will, so nothing will change. Its pretty much blind pick without the concern for calling lanes..
And obviously the system has no use in team ranked.

Just let people pre-pick spots in soloQ and avoid at least 1/2 the arguments and morale killers when people are forced to play stuff they dont like or arent as confident in.
People get what they want/ are confident in> players are happy and no annoyance/disdain is created in select for the most part> overall atmosphere becomes positive at least until something goes wrong in game, and if it does, they cant say "well if i was playing ____ like i asked for i wouldve got it."
easy.

xtechx

03-10-2014

ive just played my 4th game using team builder and i found it was a really nice way to find less people willing to troll you. on my 4th game i got 3 people trolling just because `it doesnt matter, its fun`, intentionally feeding the enemy team etc so i need to ask: is there any way we could introduce a `rate this player` within Team Builder? like, i really think the Honor system is useless right now and we have lots of issues with trolls so we could use that space Honor is using right now and put something like this. THen, when people try to queue, captain can see their score ( be it number, stars ) and let people in or kick people that are low rated.