Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkestSuccuboss

03-10-2014

Uh, yeah, this would end all arguments during ranked character select. It would be cool, if you could choose what character's you want on your team and match you with players whom locked the character you want on your team DX

Sleepingfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2014

ATM the queue times have been rather long, and this is using the established meta as a template, queued as mid/jungle with 1top any role, and 2bot any role for both and it takes FOREVER to fill the last spot

Otherwise, the only interface issues I have, is that the invite button on the team builder UI doesn't show up until I invite someone through right clicking my friend list and they accept

JK LEVATATION

03-10-2014

Whoohooooo

Avarier

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
Thats the captain that wanted 5 mid mages.
it's getting played like a custom game instead of a classic comp team build. it's unfair to keep getting stuck with people that want silly comps like this.

Hunter Bjork

03-10-2014

You should make kicking players based on a vote instead of solely up to the captain, I was booted instantly after I said I was new to support. Isn't the whole point to learn new roles and champs?

hazerddex

03-10-2014

another problem is it lets you chose the champions you want that makes it take even longer to find teams if people ask for a specific top/mid/etc

Tadruple

03-10-2014

Haha this is going to be great thanks riot !!!

tsherman18

03-10-2014

I have been searching for a team for 10 mins now and only have one role...

Absoulhero

03-10-2014

Is it me or does lux in that picture really hot.

davin

Senior User Researcher

03-10-2014
25 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frknloud View Post
There's an issue with the logic in the design of Team Builder. Right now, it's either you solo queue and wait for a team looking for your role, or start your own team and set the roles you'd like.

Problem is... everyone seems to be creating their own teams to make sure they have the most desirable team set-up. Thus, leaving a small amount of players in solo queue. Because of this, it's taking forever for teams to be completed and matched into a game.
For the Live Betas that we've run elsewhere for this feature so far, we've noticed that this does happen, but for different reasons. Early on, a lot of captains are just trying out the feature, figuring out how it works, having people join, and then leaving before starting games. However, we've also seen that this behavior goes away after the first day and queue times then hit our target averages.

Growing pains!