Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prowly

03-10-2014

@ Riot's team for this mode...

Really well done! Love the look and feel of the whole system, just nailed the aesthetics.

Grand slam in my book.

Xavano

03-10-2014

Okay, played a few games using this TB. Here are my initial thoughts:

1) The music and sound effects stood out immediately. Please pass my props to the audio team on this. It makes you feel like you're queuing for something EPIC.

2) The queue time is significantly longer than a blind pick, which I expected. It gives me options, though. If I really just want to play a game of League RITE NOWH, then I can queue for blind pick or draft. But if I really want to play my champion in my specific role, then I can wait a bit longer and get that guaranteed.

3) I like the idea of being able to create games and control them, or go in and join games. You mentioned the influx of game creators (Lyte mentioned this, I believe) which makes sense. I don't know if it will balance out later, but my hypothesis is that there will still be a disproportionate number of game creators to game joiners (too many chiefs, not enough indians).

4) Overall, I really enjoy this game mode. It adds more to the game in an efficient manner.

BakedLotion

03-10-2014

The queue times are extremely long, usually 3 minutes for me .. just to go into a lobby and end up not liking the room.~.~
Meanwhile it says that it's expected to be "very short"

Lonewolfeslayer

03-10-2014

While we are waiting... Can we use the minimap to strategize, point out positions, flanks, maybe invades. I see so much potential.

War Wolf 6

03-10-2014

I have a bug to report. After my game finished it said "Lobby has been destroyed" and now my screens all black .-.

Stickman Down

Recruiter

03-10-2014

I think Team Builder should replace Blind Pick. Team builder makes more sense and it's easier for players to be compatible and get along rather than shouting and fighting over who called first.

Riot Id

Software Engineer

03-10-2014
23 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowly View Post
@ Riot's team for this mode...

Really well done! Love the look and feel of the whole system, just nailed the aesthetics.

Grand slam in my book.
Thanks for the support!

Latias

03-10-2014

Question for the team: I keep getting my League icon on my taskbar popping up and flashing yellow like I've got a message while I'm in a Team Builder queue, but there's no message or invite or anything. Is this a bug?

Chromestar Zen

03-10-2014

Im just kind of sad how ADC And Support seem to be the least played picks they want

Destikahr

03-10-2014

Anyone figure out how to do TeamBuilder with a partner? Someone just did and i cant figure out how they did.