Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlyingVomit

03-10-2014

Would it be possible to introduce team builder in ranked,in the way that u chose only your position and not your champion. That way the bans and counter picking works and you start a game with your best position and get rid of bad blood in champ select before a game. Sorry for my english.

TSM Wild Special

03-10-2014

It is a great system despite the few flaws(which is why it is in beta). I like the fact that we have the option of playing the position we want. I would allow a sort of draft pick in order for counter picking purposes because championselect determines a lot for the game ahead. I would also allow the person to choose the position but not yet the champion so that they have the option to change( that goes along with the counter pick system. All in all it looks somewhat successful thus far and I look forward to the great changes you have in mind for the near future!

rektd

03-10-2014

Gj riot. First day builder here in NA and im loving it. I think itd be great if we just chose our roles and not champ. Champ select should be after

hamooz

03-10-2014

let the team builder unlimited vos its sooo good more the normal

n0cturna

03-10-2014

Playing my first game with this and I already like the set-up! Definitely worth the wait.

Tonnes Of Damage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2014

Pretty odd that you have so many to chose, but you cannot lock in as a jungler...

rumples

03-10-2014

I think you need to be able to specify roles a little better. heres an example: I want a team where my support is my tank. people queueing as leona are likely doing so as support, which is fine and all, but so is janna.

TickleDink

03-10-2014

Much more useful would be a quick view of their account profile. The guy who is 4-59-6 with 2 Leaves in his last 10 games I don't want. Probably a troll, for sure useless to any team. Reporting to the Tribunal after he ruins another game is not satisfying.

RussianLegend

03-10-2014

Thank you guys for an amazing work. Def a step forward. Nice and confi stuff to wrk with.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-10-2014
22 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
I think you need to be able to specify roles a little better. heres an example: I want a team where my support is my tank. people queueing as leona are likely doing so as support, which is fine and all, but so is janna.
This is something we're keeping an eye on. Players may learn to use "Support Role" for champions like Leona when they want to play her as a Support, even if they want to build Tanky. However, if this issue persists, we have a few ideas for how we might solve it through changing Team Builder's design.