Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J4rG0n

03-10-2014

i like it its working pretty good to me a preset thing would be nice i like that idea only issue i have is the one that was to be expected wich is long queues for certain lanes ppl saying they where creating team for an hour + may be over exaggeration though cause longest i waited was 5 mins

kdHuCoB8S3

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Some players play to win every single game
ding ding ding

YoLittleSister

03-10-2014

picked support for first game, got a game in 3 seconds, picked mid for second game as fiddle, was in queue for over 3 min then when game finally started, the enemy had a fiddle mid too. I'm pretty sure riot did that on purpose. Fiddle vs Fiddle mid?

Crazy Lupita

03-10-2014

a few comments:

- my first game i selected kayle mid. the thing recommended that i portray myself as fighter, not mage. i did.

- when it finally started, i found myself in a 5 mid comp.

- when i quitted, league of legends started doing the message noise, plus if i cliked elsewhere, the icon started blinkin orange, as if receiven messages.

- that only stopped once i started a new attempt at team builder, this time i figured setting mage for kayle wont do me any bads.. lets see..

R0achy Balboa

03-10-2014

This would really decrease toxicness overall I like the concept it takes away a lot of the issues in blind pick when it comes to picking roles.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-10-2014
21 of 54 Riot Posts

Quick update:

Team Builder just went live in NA. Because the queues just turned on and the server just came back online, there still aren't many players logged into NA or on Team Builder yet. Queue times will definitely be longer than usual for the first few hours as players log in to play.

We're also seeing that a large number of players are queuing up as Captains, but not trying to build teams yet--they are just clicking around and exploring the feature, accepting a few players/declining a few players and then quitting the lobby. We've seen this at the start of every beta, so this will likely die down in a few hours.

Team members will be available from 3:00 - 5:00 PM PST today (Monday, 3/10/2014) to answer any questions you have about Team Builder, so ask away!

ExiledLight

03-10-2014

I am happy. That the Team Builder is built. Thanks Riot!

Kattrin

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LDK1LLA View Post
Theres one thing I noticed and I just barely started trying out Team Builder that is going to be a problem. Out of 3 queues, 2 of them I was kicked for no reason by the Captain. They are abusing power and you should take this away, or make some changes to that aspect of the game mode.
Did you try to go Zyra adc..? The captain kick option is extremely helpful for getting rid of trolls, which is a major point of this team builder, is to minimize confusion in team select and help everyone* have a happy experience.

Especially the first day is going to have alot of people trying to figure everything out with it, and of course, jerks.

Deathshot000

03-10-2014

in my first few ques i have noticed that although cutting down on arguing for the accepted meta, there still seems to be alot of animosity towards trying something different

leaf1179

03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertANameHere View Post
Thanks guys!

So if there is enough success with this format, would it be possible to have some sort of ranked setting for team builder?
so far they said it wont be ranked but it would be cool if it was.... but then again how will banning work? will they have it at all? If so what if the champ you wanted gets banned?