Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shahamut

Senior Member

03-09-2014

If I can get enough community to support it, Im thinking about just starting another thread with my suggestion in it.

As many have said, it is probably futile, and there is a more than good chance it will get ignored. But with enough people behind it, maybe, just maybe it could be enough for them to know that we haven't given up on Skarner and neither should they.

Even if they never take a single thing I suggest into consideration, if anything we do gets them moving on making Skarner and ACTUAL competitor again, then it will all be worth the effort.

Skarner, I miss your kind...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

encyclopedea

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech Lord Yhnmk View Post
So skarner is currently worse shyvanna and should be made closer to her -_-? I like skarner being a unique champ, like every other one in the game, if shyvanna had a ult that suppressed and pulled people that would clash with the rest of her kit, much as skarners now does...

What I said is that that is how Scruffy made Skarner, and that's the most likely path for him to take when changing Skarner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corals

Senior Member

03-09-2014

I appreciate your humanitarian efforts in keeping the thread alive Shahamut, but lets please avoid derailing the thread with new kits and focus on suggestions for the existing kit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shahamut

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by corals View Post
I appreciate your humanitarian efforts in keeping the thread alive Shahamut, but lets please avoid derailing the thread with new kits and focus on suggestions for the existing kit.

Ummm... not to be rude, but news flash: There are tons of suggestions, comments, critiques, concerns, etc about the current rework in this thread. 99% of which have had no response from Riotscruffy.

This thread can't be "derailed" because the rails don't exist. This thread is a kiddie ride outside of the grocery store that looks like a train.

I am still actively involved in such a conversation with Molec anyway. I will continue to refine my ideas here with people who care to comment.

Regardless. If we don't get the attention of the RIOTeers this thread is meaningless anyway. I refuse to give up on Skarner, and you shouldn't either. If anything is going to happen outside of the miracle of RIOT randomly deciding to care, its going to take the community rallying together behind something.

But just for you man:

Current rework needs:

Q- Stacks fall off 1 at a time. Bonus phys damage on total AD

w- Remove ramp up speed.

E- Follow up CC (preferable hard CC)

R- Something to make it worth more than 1 rank.

There is my piece. Peace!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corals

Senior Member

03-09-2014


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-09-2014
24 of 29 Riot Posts

We've got some more changes to the E coming in the next patch. We will continue to make both usability and power updates every patch if he is still having problems, so don't worry Skarner is not being ignored.

Stay positive and keep playing the scorpion, I will be too.

Edit: Changes are missile width and speed increases, should make it a bit more consistent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shahamut

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Some changes? Oh come on scruffy! What changes?! lol Why the vagueness?! :P


*EDIT* and whens the next patch?!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Thank you for editing your post to mention what actual changes will be tested.

Can you still touch-on why simply improving E functionally is such a priority? Is the idea of this approach to tweak it until it seems like the feelings of a disjointed/kit that doesn't mesh can possibly be ironed out?

Just curious since the Rengar changes feel far more free in terms of experimenting with his power budget; I get the impression Skarner's is far more cautious for some reason and slow to receive attention.

My present impression of the rework at the moment is that over the next patches, his E will be worked on. Following this, his shield might get some attention/any bug clean-up; we'll have Skarner kind of as is then. If this is the anticipated plan, then I'm not getting the impression that he'll be seeing much more play; he'll kind of sit where Maokai is at the moment and has been since season two. He'll be a "healthier" but now an even more niche pick, I presume.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terchio

Senior Member

03-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We've got some more changes to the E coming in the next patch. We will continue to make both usability and power updates every patch if he is still having problems, so don't worry Skarner is not being ignored.

Stay positive and keep playing the scorpion, I will be too.
With the exception of the ultimate, I think the E is about the only skill actually doing its job at the moment. Still not easy to land, but his insanely melee kit otherwise doesn't do anything since he still can't keep up without boatloads of tenacity, movement speed, AP to keep his shield up, damage mitigation as well, and definitely an Iceborn Gauntlet to imitate what he used to do naturally. Forget attack speed and AD, he can't afford it, and he can't afford enough AP to be menacing, either. He already needed chunks of almost every stat, thanks to his mana hunger, but that has hardly been sated while making him gimp even more on these stats. It's impossible to find a real positive from this rework... Anyone who could escape his melee slow before can still escape that ranged piece of junk, but now they don't even need to Flash away, they just need to wait it out. Fix it all you want, you're polishing a turd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-09-2014
25 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Thank you for editing your post to mention what actual changes will be tested.

Can you still touch-on why simply improving E functionally is such a priority? Is the idea of this approach to tweak it until it seems like the feelings of a disjointed/kit that doesn't mesh can possibly be ironed out?

Just curious since the Rengar changes feel far more free in terms of experimenting with his power budget; I get the impression Skarner's is far more cautious for some reason and slow to receive attention.

My present impression of the rework at the moment is that over the next patches, his E will be worked on. Following this, his shield might get some attention/any bug clean-up; we'll have Skarner kind of as is then.
Most of the changes have been targeted at making E more powerful/consistent because the bulk of the feedback was asking for better CC/stickiness. These changes are meant to directly go in the direction that Skarner players are asking for.

Rengar is in a more internal development phase and so you will see a lot more things changing around as we try and test options. He also needed more changes in general. We try to not change things if we don't have to on existing characters. This is why you didn't see bigger changes to Skarner's abilities or crazy new things like burrowing etc (that type of stuff can go on new characters).

We absolutely support adding some power (in the ways many players are asking for) for Skarner because he was weak on release, but some things like permaslow and snowball reliance are not coming back.