@Riot: Progress Report on Gangplank

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HBAFreightTrain

03-05-2014

Gangplank was reported as a Hot Hot Hot when it came to chance for a rework. A later red said that he was still in the early stages of his rework. We've heard that Gangplank was going to be reworked before. In fact, he was supposed to be after Heimer who was supposed to be next but actually was months later. Now that familiar silence is happening where no red mentions Gangplank at all for a long time which is what happened last time Riot postponed his rework.

Is he still being reworked and if so, how far along is he? Should we expect him in 2014?

BastionKross

03-05-2014

I'm quite curious as well. How can you not like the resident booty-grabbing pirate? Hopefully they'll take out his E and give him something a little more active.

MrRawb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2014

I kinda like GP how he is right now though...

A global ult, a team AS/MS boost, a freelo cleanse and heal, and his Q has so many on hit possibilities.

Plz no.

Fizzey

03-05-2014

His ult needs work imo. Feels only good for getting assists across the map most of the time, not exactly the most satisfying thing to do.

Bloodgulchout

03-05-2014

Gangplank is the only reason I play league. Please we're desperate. Throw us a bone here Riot.

Riot GMang

Senior Game Analyst

03-07-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey all! Nice to see interest, thanks for bringing this up. I’ve been a bit of a lurker when it comes to forums—apologies for being so quiet about it!

Work on Gangplank is still in its formative stages. Gangplank is a cool character with some unique mechanical hooks in his identity, and I don’t want to rush him; currently, he has no timeline—more of a “when he’s ready” kind of situation. Right now, we’re analyzing and prototyping so we can formalize the right plan.

If you have thoughts on him, I’d love to hear them! What excites you about Gangplank, and what bores you? What frustrates, and what satisfies? What is he overdoing, and what is he missing? Inquiring minds want to know!

Rewdas

03-07-2014

Never rush a game studio.

Keep up the good work GMang.

Im Duke Nukem

03-07-2014

i'd love the heal , gold on kill and global ulti to stay .

passive + Q + E could be reworked i dont really mind .

also could we have a traditional Gangplank skin ?? i really miss his blackbeard look ... like really i would love to play him like that again .

Spitsonkittens

03-07-2014

Do you have a timeline on anything? Isn't everything a "when it's ready" deal?

Poisonpowder

03-07-2014

I honestly think all he really needs is:
1. Mana cost reductions to bring him in line with current resource costs
2. Cast time removed on basically everything but his W. I mean, he's shooting a pistol, he doesn't need to plant his feet to do it.

1234511 ... 43