Sometimes get an "Unable to connect to server"/Firewall bug after Champion Select

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acepikapp

03-07-2014

Also had the same issue occur. I try running the test and it doesnt do anything. What can I do. I have tried so many things, it's not my firewall. Even tried deleting patches :/

Jlamlol

03-07-2014

Here is my results. and please can you give me back my lp points?

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results-pc-v3.txt (162.0 KB, 14 views)

isaacKM

03-07-2014

Having same issues

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results-pc-v3.txt (84.4 KB, 12 views)

pootiettang

03-07-2014

FOUND THIS on old thread... i think it works i just did it and it allowed me to reconnect to my game. I hope this is the fix we all needed! it flushes your dns which seemed to fix my problem

The best fix for this that will guarantee work is the following i found it myself today on the internet (i searched the whole day tried evrything)

THIS FIX WILL WORK!

you need to change your DNS settings. Not too tricky. Go to control panel. Network & Internet>Network & Sharing Center

On the right (in the middle) click on 'local area connection'>properties>internet protocol version 4>properties (wireless connection iff wireless)

At the bottom click on 'use the following DNS server addresses'. Change primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

click oke apply or whatever, press the buttons windows r type cmd, Type in cmd ipconfig /flushdns restart comp and have fun!

TheYooper

03-07-2014

Happened to me, I tried restarting, i tried another account, I tried resetting network, I do not have a firewall on. I cannot get it to go into the loading screen after champ select. PLEASE HELP I"VE ALREADY HAD 3 LEAVES FROM RANKED BECAUSE OF THIS

pootiettang

03-07-2014

The solution I posted works! Try it! Need to flush your DNS

pootiettang

03-07-2014

Reporting bc it worked for me everyone give this a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootiettang View Post
FOUND THIS on old thread... i think it works i just did it and it allowed me to reconnect to my game. I hope this is the fix we all needed! it flushes your dns which seemed to fix my problem

The best fix for this that will guarantee work is the following i found it myself today on the internet (i searched the whole day tried evrything)

THIS FIX WILL WORK!

you need to change your DNS settings. Not too tricky. Go to control panel. Network & Internet>Network & Sharing Center

On the right (in the middle) click on 'local area connection'>properties>internet protocol version 4>properties (wireless connection iff wireless)

At the bottom click on 'use the following DNS server addresses'. Change primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

click oke apply or whatever, press the buttons windows r type cmd, Type in cmd ipconfig /flushdns restart comp and have fun!

jveNN

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootiettang View Post
Reporting bc it worked for me everyone give this a try
It doesn't work cuz i have that already and im still getting the error

Icoteq

03-07-2014

Just a quick fix that I found on the Japanese forums. Although it's temporary, it seems to be doing the trick so far.

[Source]
http://loljp-wiki****/wiki/index.php...C8%2FFrontPage

(*Sorry for Japanese only)

1. Flush your DNS using the windows command prompt.
To do this, press the windows key + r.
Alternatively, you can type 'run' in the search of the task bar.
Once the run dialogue is open, type 'cmd'. This will bring up the command prompt.
In the command prompt, type 'ipconfig /flushdns'
* To verify that your dns was properly flushed, type 'ipconfig /displaydns'
2. Use the proxy gaming service, WTFast. (http://www.wtfast.com/)
You are able to use the service for free for one month, so just log in as the Trial User.
Under the game list, select LoL and the list of servers should pop up in the dialogue box below.
Select the server you want to play on (In this case, NA North America)
Hit Play, and WTFast will launch the client using the proxy. (Mine proxy host was in LA, yours may be different.)

I was able to connect to a game with no problems, and my ping was around ~140. Pretty normal from here, seemed to play just fine.

*NOTE*
This is just a workaround for the current situation, and is not solving the problem.
I recommend running the diagnostic test that Riot Noc posted earlier to help Riot trace the root of this problem.

Hope this helps!

nanapero