Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Eta?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Velociräptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Passive
-Ferocity stacks will reset to 0 if they are not used or gained for 10 seconds
How will the viability of jungle Rengar suffer from this change? It seems like it will hurt him very much, as it eliminates basically all of his ganking power. Combined with bola being a skillshot, it will be harder than ever to pull off successful ganks. Include the fact that ult only grants ferocity after leaving stealth and no MS during stealth, this doesn't look good for him. I was really excited about the new Wriggles which works very well with Rengar in his current state, but this looks like it will ruin it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EUR GiveEmQueue

Junior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
It's in addition, though we lowered the slow values by 10% to compensate for the added power.
no one cares, as long as euw serves are down


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riven Mechanics

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Velociräptor View Post
How will the viability of jungle Rengar suffer from this change? It seems like it will hurt him very much, as it eliminates basically all of his ganking power. Combined with bola being a skillshot, it will be harder than ever to pull off successful ganks. Include the fact that ult only grants ferocity after leaving stealth and no MS during stealth, this doesn't look good for him. I was really excited about the new Wriggles which works very well with Rengar in his current state, but this looks like it will ruin it.
10 seconds is way too short..should be 15 seconds at least


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
It's in addition, though we lowered the slow values by 10% to compensate for the added power.
Good to know, can you comment on fQ a bit more?

Last we heard it would be a normal Q with bigger AS

Will it be just AS it will it be like jayce max AS for X number of AAs? As a normal even if strong AS boost doesn't seem like a strong "finisher" move

I know you want to make rengar a little more dps and less burst but fQ is his damage finisher, it should be a quick death finisher possibly make it deal Q damage plus additional damage based on missing hp or give it a powerful armor pen

And the second stealth on ult was a good idea, but flawed in that it have him to much uncounterable play and kill potential

A way to give him his second stealth would be let him after jumping with ult Ito a fight reactivate it say up to 10 seconds into the fight, then when he reuses it it eats his ferocity and gives 1-2 seconds if teath based on ferocity used and if max ferocity is used it works as a finisher getting a powerful bonus, which in this case would be MS bonus durring stealth

But this stays balanced because though he might get a secondstealth and jump, it uses his ferocity (and stops his ferocity gain While stealthied) it prevents him from double assassinating instantly due to both jumps of initial and second having him at 0 ferocity


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CamoClad

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"

-Scruffy
So RiotScruffy do you wanna return to your Skarner Rework Followup Thread that you started so we could talk about this same kind of thing? Seems that you are dealing with the same situation on two different champions and could use more feedback from both sides to help you on both of these champs. Just a thought.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoClad View Post
So RiotScruffy do you wanna return to your Skarner Rework Followup Thread that you started so we could talk about this same kind of thing? Seems that you are dealing with the same situation on two different champions and could use more feedback from both sides to help you on both of these champs. Just a thought.
When scarner lands his slow on an enemy champion he gains even more ms, this effect is doubled if his normal MS steroid is active

I'll admit to not playing scarner and not knowing much about him but if the issues I've heard if this would likely relatively (mobility and sticking wise) fix scarner and give counterplay to the fact that dodging the skill **** will be even more inpactful but landing it is even more rewarding


Edit: maybe try could make it steal movement speed instead of just slow


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velkoz Reloaded

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavhunter View Post
When scarner lands his slow on an enemy champion he gains even more ms, this effect is doubled if his normal MS steroid is active

I'll admit to not playing scarner and not knowing much about him but if the issues I've heard if this would likely relatively (mobility and sticking wise) fix scarner and give counterplay to the fact that dodging the skill **** will be even more inpactful but landing it is even more rewarding


Edit: maybe try could make it steal movement speed instead of just slow

Unfortunately, now all this would do is make him a worse Rengar.

Rengar's rework sounds WONDERFUL. No joke. I like Rengar already but these changes make him sound like he could fit into the jungle meta really really really well. I'm jumping up and down with excitement in all honesty. At the same time... my favorite jungler, favorite champ is now going to be refunded for his heap of **** that he is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Jag

Associate Technical Design

03-07-2014
38 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Velociräptor View Post
How will the viability of jungle Rengar suffer from this change? It seems like it will hurt him very much, as it eliminates basically all of his ganking power. Combined with bola being a skillshot, it will be harder than ever to pull off successful ganks. Include the fact that ult only grants ferocity after leaving stealth and no MS during stealth, this doesn't look good for him. I was really excited about the new Wriggles which works very well with Rengar in his current state, but this looks like it will ruin it.
Slow down! (I'll stop doing that now)

We're still testing him in both jungle and top lane. He's probably more optimized for top lane in his current form, but he still has very potent post-6 ganks from the jungle. I think he needs to set up a little better with the teammates he is ganking for compared to live Rengar, but he's probably better when he has more space to work with because of how Bola works now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

Senior Member

03-07-2014

It's to the point now... let us test him. Even if you have to peel him off PBE afterward for a time (a la Xerath Rework).

This' beginning to take way too long without any external testing.