Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-07-2014
37 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dragon View Post
Excuse me, sir, but is this in ADDITION to the slow OR replacing it? A bola that doesn't slow strikes me as very, very odd.
It's in addition, though we lowered the slow values by 10% to compensate for the added power.

Narasimha

03-07-2014

Will the bola have a cast time, or can we cast it while running around?

Eyrgos

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
It's in addition, though we lowered the slow values by 10% to compensate for the added power.
Can we please try it now? Please let us test it for ourselves at this point & let us give input.

They let us try an early "beta" if you will of Xerath's changes, and it proved very beneficial to you guys.

Commando Yi

03-07-2014

oh god

he's going to destroy another champion

wasn't it enough that you killed skarner?

Nuclear Dragon

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Yi View Post
oh god

he's going to destroy another champion

wasn't it enough that you killed skarner?
Chill, dude. Give it time. They need the dataz.

Foreversaken

03-07-2014

how about a rework for Morde? Fix his cape

PenguinPaladin

03-07-2014

I'm disappointed by the Bonetooth change. Why is it even an item anymore? It seemed like a great idea when you put it in the trinket slot initially, but now its placement there is meaningless.

It's just a passive ability now that has its icon in your trinket slot. It's fine if you want to go that direction with it, but it should be lumped into Rengar's passive or something instead of being a trinket for no reason.

Velkoz Reloaded

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dragon View Post
Chill, dude. Give it time. They need the dataz.

What data are they looking for? I'm excited for the Rengar rework but mainly because I see RESPONSES to the community here.

Meanwhile, Skarner's Nerf- *ahem* rework is hanging out to dry?

THAT said. Some nice stuff here Scruffy but please don't leave the other thread in the dust.

Velkoz Reloaded

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Can we please try it now? Please let us test it for ourselves at this point & let us give input.

They let us try an early "beta" if you will of Xerath's changes, and it proved very beneficial to you guys.

That'd be sweet.

exec3

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"
Sounds redundant given you should already be able to catch up and stick to someone because they're slowed but maybe i'm missing something.

Quote:
-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).
I'll be honest, i'm not happy at all with this. BTN is no longer a tactical choice, it's just a snowball item Rengar gets by default now. If this is the direction you guy are taking I think you should remove BTN the item and attach it to Rengar's passive as a second effect (lots of champs have 2 passives, eg: Yasuo). This would be a lot less confusing and a lot cleaner to present than double ups of trinkets imo.