Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishing Boat

Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
A few more interesting updates, we're really starting to narrow down the changes to the last few things we are focusing on.

-The movement speed coming out of ult now starts higher and decays over the buff duration, this really gives the impactful burst of speed that his ult needed.

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"

-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).

-Other than this, Riot Jag and I have been hammering away at damage, cooldown, defenses and lots of number tuning.


-Scruffy
Give me the names and addresses of the people who gave bad feedback on the unique trinket active. I need to convince them to let me try it on the PBE. Scruffy pls don't take the uniqueness away from me so scrubs can have free wards T.T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThermodynamicZ

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Bone tooth spot on Good job
R Spot on Good Job
E good job spot on
Extra health and regen was SO needed spot on
W lets rengar push a minion wave now spot on
Q steiroid on ferocity needs to stay where it is or do % health to make up for the burst damage....rengar is known for highest burst combo in the game and thats why people play him - dont get rid of that double/triple Q steiroid burst
Losing stacks of ferocity may be alright and it may not I would have to see the numbers you change on the cooldown to see weather that is a good idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaymoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).
If the item is free and you don't losing anything for taking it (such as a missing out on the active of a different trinket) then why make it an item at all? Is it just so the tool tip for his passive isn't overloaded with information? The old BTN had a lot of risk/reward, but this one is just reward. Any plans to prevent Rengar from buying normal trinkets?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CHUNKI3

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
A few more interesting updates, we're really starting to narrow down the changes to the last few things we are focusing on.

-The movement speed coming out of ult now starts higher and decays over the buff duration, this really gives the impactful burst of speed that his ult needed.

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"

-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).

-Other than this, Riot Jag and I have been hammering away at damage, cooldown, defenses and lots of number tuning.


-Scruffy
Im guessing you are going to release night hunter rengar when his rework comes out?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level 18 Rengar

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"




-Scruffy
Can you clarify what the E change means. So if I throw a bola north for example then I run south I wont have the movement speed buff?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level 18 Rengar View Post
Can you clarify what the E change means. So if I throw a bola north for example then I run south I wont have the movement speed buff?
I'd assume it bogart'd some code from Vayne's passive and volibear's Q - You gain bonus MS when moving towards something that has the bola slow on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2014

I am genuinely curious to see if Scrubby pulls a Skarner on you guys and completely ignores 100% of the discussion he is currently engaging with you guys in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuxman

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
-The movement speed coming out of ult now starts higher and decays over the buff duration, this really gives the impactful burst of speed that his ult needed.

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"


-Scruffy

Yeah he only has a gap closer with his invisibility and jump so he would be awful without more speed that starts instant, just like Skarner


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-07-2014
36 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I'd assume it bogart'd some code from Vayne's passive and volibear's Q - You gain bonus MS when moving towards something that has the bola slow on it.
This is correct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuclear Dragon

Senior Member

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"
-Scruffy
Excuse me, sir, but is this in ADDITION to the slow OR replacing it? A bola that doesn't slow strikes me as very, very odd.