Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChimiWare

03-06-2014

bump

Skillzification

03-06-2014

Night Hunter Rengar Skin incoming! What a glorious moment <3 Just read it on the Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 3/6/2014 - Night Hunter Rengar Strings In The Files.

HecticPredator

03-06-2014

I can understand all this except please dont Change his move speed in his ult, all it does now is make him invisible thats basically it, keep the increased move speed plix plox

P0ONanny

03-06-2014

Word to my dude Hectic Predator. As a hunter-styled champion, one of the key aspects of Rengar's persona is being able to track down and kill enemies. Without the speed boost on his ult, he doesn't have the base speed to be able to reliably track down and kill the vast majority of his enemies without forcing him to always take mobi boots and other dedicated movement items like that. One very hunter-like thing Rengar did was to burst an enemy, they'd escape somehow or one of your teammates would do the same and then Rengar would pop his ult and deliver a full-stacked finishing blow to the enemy who thought he was free. This was a lot of what made Rengar a very satisfying character to play. Beyond that, the speed boost on his ult gave it a lot of utility, in escaping and in chasing. It also scared the other team if they saw him stealth because he could quickly run to most places that they'd be afraid to have him.

Sparknotes: The in-stealth speed boost on Rengar's ult WAS the "Thrill of the Hunt". Without it, his ult is just "Hunt, I guess".

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-07-2014
35 of 48 Riot Posts

A few more interesting updates, we're really starting to narrow down the changes to the last few things we are focusing on.

-The movement speed coming out of ult now starts higher and decays over the buff duration, this really gives the impactful burst of speed that his ult needed.

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"

-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).

-Other than this, Riot Jag and I have been hammering away at damage, cooldown, defenses and lots of number tuning.

-Scruffy

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
A few more interesting updates, we're really starting to narrow down the changes to the last few things we are focusing on.

-The movement speed coming out of ult now starts higher and decays over the buff duration, this really gives the impactful burst of speed that his ult needed.

-E now gives Rengar a movement speed boost towards the target hit by bola - this gives him a bit more stickiness because he needs more time on target, and it also creates a decision point when using E. "Should I E when I am on top of the target or wait until they are farther away to get the slow?"

-The unique trinket active was just not proving very useful and was also creating some confusion because of the amount of mechanics added. People generally just wanted a ward or sweeper. We changed bonetooth back to yellow, red, and blue versions. (you keep stacks if you swap types mid game).

-Other than this, Riot Jag and I have been hammering away at damage, cooldown, defenses and lots of number tuning.

-Scruffy
Sounding good.

Coldmanj

03-07-2014

cool beans scruff, are we ever gonna see his passive leap getting more love in terms of use? I still think allowing you to leap to a empowered bola victim would be fair.

Rengars

03-07-2014

Rengar pls

lightdragoon88

03-07-2014

Any ideas when we can PBE it? Like after 4.4 or 4.5 patch he will appear on the PBE?

Also..any hints on that new skin?

lm Krueger ml

03-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

-Scruffy

Definitely sounds interesting Scruffy! Can't wait to try it out