FPS Issues on Death Using Mac Client

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

03-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
@Mike4Real:
I think your criticism is pretty fair. We could have done better on the communication side of this issue. However, there is always a delicate balance here. You can even see with this latest response that many players don't understand the fix won't be in until the next patch. Despite having optimizations going out in each patch, it didn't seem prudent to highlight those until we were relatively confident the issue's big ticket item was fixed. Unfortunately, the nature of the bug and the fact it originated during the season where the time between patches is longest meant the bug took much longer to resolve than necessary. The next patch is not a month out, it should be much much sooner.
Alright, well what about my question about the PBE? Can you let us know when it hits PBE so that we can test it there first?

Also regardless of some players 'misunderstanding' when this will be fixed on this thread, (I think its more complaint than misunderstanding) I still believe that honesty will always be the best policy. If you just told us about what was going on, EVEN if ZERO progress was made it would have been better than this. I mean, some people are gonna misunderstand but all you guys gotta do is be clear and honest and those who understand it correctly will have the necessary updated information. I don't think that risking some misunderstanding is worth leaving other players in the dark, and long as your posts are truthful there will be no problems.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

03-05-2014
7 of 18 Riot Posts

I must have missed your PBE comment. I think it's on PBE now but let me double-check.

EDIT: Double-checked. It should be on PBE right now.

Kaiber

03-05-2014

Ah, well now that I know it wont effect my "Alive" status when playing I feel a little better. I do hope this get's fixed permanently soon for the people who do play control after death champions. Thank you Brentmeister. Hope the future patches go well for this.

Brentmeister

03-05-2014
8 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiber View Post
Ah, well now that I know it wont effect my "Alive" status when playing I feel a little better. I do hope this get's fixed permanently soon for the people who do play control after death champions. Thank you Brentmeister. Hope the future patches go well for this.
I specifically tested Kog'Maw myself on the PBE just now and didn't have any issues. I know my computer is faster than the average Mac though.

XxJohnnyOxX

03-06-2014

I don't know what kind of Mac do you use but I have a MacBook Pro 15" and it works very fast.

Dawn Ghost

03-06-2014

does anyone else on the mac have an issue of having jinx's zap creating pink lines that cover up the entire screen?

carzie

03-06-2014

yes jinx zap causes pink lines all across the screen

Mike4Real

03-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
EDIT: Double-checked. It should be on PBE right now.
Alright cool, I'm gonna test it later tonight.

Also for people having this problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Ghost View Post
does anyone else on the mac have an issue of having jinx's zap creating pink lines that cover up the entire screen?
A work around has been found for this glitch, its not really a true fix but here's what you can do as a temporary workaround. Go into a game, press escape and go to your video settings. The glitch is caused by your particle effect settings being set to very low. If you change particle effects to just low instead of very low it should fix this. Shoutouts to Sember from the LoL Reddit for finding that workaround.

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2014

@Brentmeister

before you hop on off, I get frame drops to 20-30 after the 4 minute mark and sometimes 7 minute mark. never had this before the last few patches.

I get about 70-80 steady on everything low.

im on PC/W7

Brentmeister

03-06-2014
9 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzie View Post
yes jinx zap causes pink lines all across the screen
Mike already gave the workaround to raise your video settings. A fix for this bug should be in the next patch and is also on the PBE right now.

@ Decepticon
Your issue is probably best dealt with by visiting our knowledge base or contact player support. They're really better equipped to help you resolve your issue and can collect information from you in a more private environment then a forum.
From your description I would off the wall theorize your graphics card is switching to some power-saving mode mid-game.