Welcome to the Audio Feedback forum

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotJeffJew

Content Producer

03-03-2014
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Best audio team NA!

sakakyu

03-03-2014

is.... that a picture of pantheons chest?

[Edit]

I forgot to like that post cause of that Panth nip

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-03-2014
6 of 10 Riot Posts

I came here for the music. Stayed for the Mandrop chest.

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

03-03-2014
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolmenki View Post
I have Corsair Vengence 2100 Headsets, and they come with 7.1 Surround sound. Now I don't know where this problem comes from specifically, but if I have my champion in the middle of the screen I can't hear what they are saying. It's a weird audio bug, but it might be because I have it set to 7.1, but if this problem could be fixed I would be very happy .
Hey Aolmenki!

I would definitely drop your configuration down to stereo for the time being. This should fix the issue. I have actually had the same problem when playing a game like Battlefield 4 where it auto defaults my computer's playback device setup to 5.1/7.1, then coming back to league and the sound is all over the place or totally gone. Always double check your playback device configuration when switching to League after playing other games. Once the game supports surround sound, we will let everyone know!

- C3Sound

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

03-03-2014
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javarino View Post
Are there any plans to do audio redoes on a case by case basis? I've noticed that most audio changes are just piggybacking off of vu's or vfx changes.(eg. Xerath and Heimerdinger) Do you think we could see updates in audio for champs that are old but aren't high on the list for vu's/reworks?
Hey Javarino!

I transitioned over to the Relaunch Team as their sound designer back around the Master Yi rework (Sans a few like Garen and Siver), and I can say that there is definitely a very intricate and carefully crafted system in place now on how we move forward with Reworks, VU's, Relaunches, TU's, etc.

That being said, a lot of work goes into relaunching an older champion. This takes the focus and prioritization of the entire team. Each stage from concept to model, animation, particles, sounds/VO, and everything in between is reviewed and critiqued together. For example, the concept artist is just as invested in the VO/sfx as I am, and vise versa. And while the VO process starts soon after the project kick-off, much of the time the next project has already been started by the time the project is ready for sound effects. So imagine a tall cascading waterfall and you can kind-of get an idea of how it works.

That was a bit of a long winded answer to say that much of our work and efforts are linked. And for good reason. If I were to re-make old audio for a champion that will be reworked 3 months later, and the timing of the spells, particles/visuals change... this may cause major discrepancies within my 3 month old sound design, and I would have to re-make everything again. It just isn't as efficient to work that way as it is to move as a team. Especially since we want to make sure the quality bar we are raising and the experience we are delivering is the most cohesive and consistent one we can provide.

Javarino, that was an excellent question! It's safe to say that, for now, Relaunch Team audio will usually be piggy-backed on larger scale changes to a character. However, there always could be exceptions to the rule! ;P

ZeroTitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2014

Could you please add an option for mono sound? My left speaker is pretty faulty and its annoying for the sound to cut out. As for headphones, it really bothers me to have different sounds coming out of the left and right ear. I know this is probably nice for some people that like to hear sounds coming from the different sides but I would love to be able to toggle this and just have mono sound. Is this a complicated issue to implement?

LastProtagonist

03-03-2014

Hello! It would be nice to have an audio slider of the champ select music. It's either disable, or loud as hell. Also: It would be nice to either disable the gong at the end of champ select or be able to adjust its volume as well.

Also related, kinda, but not really: League of Legends disables my use of global hotkeys so I can't control another program. (I still use the discontinued Winamp, and have Alt Z X C V B N for controlling my songs/playlist.) It's been like this for years, unfortunately.

Cho'Gath death scream is superb and nothing is more hilarious to me than Zombie Brand's joke.

NotBuzzJack

03-03-2014

Could you make Renekton's basic attacks sound more like a giant blade than a knife? His attacks need to be Darius levels of meaty.

batliff

03-03-2014

This game needs more whipping sounds. How would you spell the whipping sound anyway?

Bejango

03-03-2014

I was curious if a couple things could be looked at 1 in particular the other is more of a request? The one in particular is Zombie Brands Joke when that skin first came out the joke sounded different it was funny and enjoyable,
but a few patches after it's release it was changed to something less desirable then a few patches after that the old and new were just spliced together and still it's not very desirable it's annoying and not funny at all like the original would it be possible to change it back to the release joke please? The original audio can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXYUFakHXc from 00:04 - 00:15 and the current audio in game can be found here http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...Brand.joke.ogg
The other thing is something Similar new Xerath has the lightning bolt joke just like original Xerath but all he does is get higher and higher pitched for no reason which is pretty annoying the original joke was much better can they just be swapped back? He keeps some of his original lines anyway why not his original joke?