Welcome to the Audio Feedback forum

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praeco

Composer

03-03-2014
1 of 10 Riot Posts

Hello Summoners!

We would like to welcome you to the Audio Feedback forum.

This is the place to discuss the audio world of League of Legends. We would love to hear your feedback on everything from sound effects, voice-over lines, music and everything else that strikes you sonically remarkable.

Fire away!

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

03-03-2014
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Woohoo!

Super Explosion

03-03-2014

Splinterheart

03-03-2014

The first thing I think about when it comes to sound is how dated the Summoner's Rift music is compared to the other three maps.

exec3

03-03-2014

Hi!

Are you guys still working on the new audio engine?

Also what was the deciding factor to redo the audio engine? Were there effects or something you weren't able to do with the old system or did you decide it was time to just fix it up?

Javarino

03-03-2014

Are there any plans to do audio redoes on a case by case basis? I've noticed that most audio changes are just piggybacking off of vu's or vfx changes.(eg. Xerath and Heimerdinger) Do you think we could see updates in audio for champs that are old but aren't high on the list for vu's/reworks?

KevinDelMarr

03-03-2014

This has bugged me about Zed for awhile, which is if you are in the middle of a taunt/joke and move the VO fades away. It can be dull walking back into lane and not be able to listen to your quotes. Also I really don't like the changes to Xerath's quotes, the old one's had both better sound and lines compared to the current one's.

My larger question is are there any plans for a new Summoner's Rift song? The current one has been in rotation since the beginning, and lacks energy or emotion. My biggest issue is it's largely forgettable and could use an update. I look back to a RTS called Total Annihilation which had a full orchestra soundtrack with several songs for when you were fighting and when you were building/exploring. I don't expect that scale of music, but it's definitely a benchmark for game music and is worth checking out since it's a truly remarkable soundtrack for a game made in 1997.

Another more realistic example is the music from StarCraft. Personally the Terran music from Brood War stands out, it has one of my most memorable sound pieces and pumps me up, League lacks that kind of memorable music right now.

SpoonTwoBig

03-03-2014

More voice over lines for champions, especially when fighting around champions they are related to in the lore! The best would be if you didn't have to /taunt to hear it like with most interactions, e.g. Yasuo will say things if he is near Riven without the player having to do anything specific.

ExaltedVanguard

03-03-2014

I wish there was a way to turn off (or at least limit) spammy voice overs (of champions that I'm not playing) - ones on regular skills. I don't mind J4 screaming DAMACIA since it isn't like he can ult all day. Listening to Jayce yell, "POWER SLAM!" every 15 seconds gets old. Really old.

Also, muting taunts without muting players would be nice. I want to communicate with my ARAM team so that we can win, however I do not want to listen to 20 minutes of my team's Lux spamming laugh. I cannot achieve both of these goals.

Also, I'd like to bring up the issue of mono audio. Doesn't affect me, but there are some people out there who have hearing loss in one ear, and playing with headphones is really weird for them. Seems like it wouldn't be a huge issue to implement.

aolmenki

03-03-2014

I have Corsair Vengence 2100 Headsets, and they come with 7.1 Surround sound. Now I don't know where this problem comes from specifically, but if I have my champion in the middle of the screen I can't hear what they are saying. It's a weird audio bug, but it might be because I have it set to 7.1, but if this problem could be fixed I would be very happy .

12345 ... 6