Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Random

Adjudicator

03-03-2014

What about people who pick a specific role then decide to change their mind. How will we spot these people will it go to tribunal or is there a specific group of people watching this during this trial period?

Also will we be limited to what champs we can pick for each role or will it still be open to any champ we desire?

Also when we accept a match will it show what champion the other people want to be before we accept the Q?

Volcrian

03-03-2014

I hope this works out. This could easily be like blind pick where the trolls come to troll lawts...

Miss Mecha Zero

Production Coordinator

03-03-2014
8 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
What about people who pick a specific role then decide to change their mind. How will we spot these people will it go to tribunal or is there a specific group of people watching this during this trial period?

Also will we be limited to what champs we can pick for each role or will it still be open to any champ we desire?

Also when we accept a match will it show what champion the other people want to be before we accept the Q?
Since you're building consensus with your team from the beginning, everyone should be on board with what they're playing and where before the captain enters you into matchmaking. We will be monitoring player selections and behavior throughout the live beta tests.

You can select any champion you want for any available role or position - although we suggest the most commonly played role, you are free to decide where and how you'd like to queue.

As for your last question, do you mean when you are queuing as a solo and being proposed to a group, or do you mean when your team is being matched with another team?

Taurian

03-03-2014

"Because this is a beta test on live servers, each region will open Team Builder testing for 48 hours through a staggered roll-out starting with RU and EUNE the week of March 3-7."

From the above wording I cannot determine if NA's test is scheduled to take place this week or not at all.

Skaarrjj

03-03-2014

just lost a game because of a very very sloppy champion select.

team builder couldnt get here sooner

master9898

03-03-2014

For banning purposes could we just que for our specific role say mid, and go into the team builder that way? When you get matched against another team you could do the banning process, then everyone still gets their selected role.

Reprisal35

03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mecha Zero View Post
Since you're building consensus with your team from the beginning, everyone should be on board with what they're playing and where before the captain enters you into matchmaking. We will be monitoring player selections and behavior throughout the live beta tests.

You can select any champion you want for any available role or position - although we suggest the most commonly played role, you are free to decide where and how you'd like to queue.

As for your last question, do you mean when you are queuing as a solo and being proposed to a group, or do you mean when your team is being matched with another team?
Possibly when we are being proposed to a group so we know exactly, or potentially what we going to be doing.

Example: After ~50second of being in Team Builder Queue, I get a popup showing what my currently selected team members are planning on doing, Mid Hecarim, Jungle Ori, Bot Garen and Darius. It will ask me if I want to accept or decline, similar to how it currently says "Match Found" and gives you the option to accept or decline. I personally prefer it this way as it would prevent joining matches in which you explicitly hate Jungle Orianna, but you're fine with say Morgana Jungle. I could also see the downside to this as it would extend the queue timer by quite a bit if players are continually declining because they don't like the team comp.

merryman17

Recruiter

03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murxx View Post
I don't understand why champion is relevant to team builder? Why not just lanes or roles?
Because what if you want top lane, but you want top lane Veigar, they might see you want top and be like "Yeah I'm down with him going top" but maybe they're not as thrilled with Veigar top. By making you pick a champ with the lane/role, it ensures that people know EXACTLY what they're getting into. Imo.

Hellioning

03-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprisal35 View Post
Possibly when we are being proposed to a group so we know exactly, or potentially what we going to be doing.

Example: After ~50second of being in Team Builder Queue, I get a popup showing what my currently selected team members are planning on doing, Mid Hecarim, Jungle Ori, Bot Garen and Darius. It will ask me if I want to accept or decline, similar to how it currently says "Match Found" and gives you the option to accept or decline. I personally prefer it this way as it would prevent joining matches in which you explicitly hate Jungle Orianna, but you're fine with say Morgana Jungle. I could also see the downside to this as it would extend the queue timer by quite a bit if players are continually declining because they don't like the team comp.
Or you could just join the group, see their champions, decide 'nope' and just go back into que.

Miss Mecha Zero

Production Coordinator

03-03-2014
9 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Or you could just join the group, see their champions, decide 'nope' and just go back into que.
^This is closer to what the feature's behavior is - you will be brought into a lobby and can decide to stay or click "Find Another Group" if you'd prefer another composition. I don't want to comment too heavily on specific feature behavior, though, because I want you all to get to try out the feature with fresh eyes