Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrJunglerHere

02-28-2014

Thank you for making Rengar's E a skillshot. Got soooo sick of being poke 24/7 with it or knowing if I made a mistake & overextended which I rarely make, I'll be pretty much dead with the slow/root. Making ferocity drop as well. it was so unfair to literally have him horde it just to nuke you when you got close or tower dive you before you could build a chain vest. I think Rengar being able to stay in fights longer is bad.. He's an assassin. They are suppose to kill & die or kill & get out.

PrideCaller

02-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJunglerHere View Post
Thank you for making Rengar's E a skillshot. Got soooo sick of being poke 24/7 with it or knowing if I made a mistake & overextended which I rarely make, I'll be pretty much dead with the slow/root. Making ferocity drop as well. it was so unfair to literally have him horde it just to nuke you when you got close or tower dive you before you could build a chain vest. I think Rengar being able to stay in fights longer is bad.. He's an assassin. They are suppose to kill & die or kill & get out.
So, let me get this straight:
You don't want Rengar to harrass, cc or nuke you; therefore pretty much destroying any viability for him as an assassin.
At the same time you don't want him to be a sustained fighter, because you say he's an assassin?

I'm trying to make sense of this, but I really can't follow you.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-28-2014
34 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapsychology View Post
@RiotScruffy

I really am liking this change to Q, it's more in line with something us assassin Rengars can agree on. Quick question though, what if Rengar's ultimate cooldown was reset if he slays an enemy within X amount of time of exiting the stealth?

Also, since there is no secondary phase to the ultimate anymore, can we expect the MS steroid back in it?
Yea, we brought the MS steroid back to the ult. He gets a pretty big MS boost for like ~6 seconds after exiting ult to give him more options in getting in/out of the fight.

Nuclear Dragon

02-28-2014

Not sure if ultimate cooldown reset is a good idea... it's TOO powerful for a reset. However, I can see something like the MS boost being extended for a small duration on kill/assist. Maybe even an extra leap on kill/assist instead. That sounds funner, although it won't help him escape fights.

EDIT: I'm also curious how the trap trinket or whatever is working in internal playtests.

ChimiWare

02-28-2014

@RiotScruffy

from 1 to 10, how much fun to play is he?

Yawnli

02-28-2014

i agree with the leap reset on kills, now that sounds interesting

NativeAlanking

02-28-2014

@RiotScruffy

Will this rework be better for laning now. Because as of now he is way to weak for top lane since tanky top laners will out damage him, or will it help his jungle which would be fine too.

Also how long till it goes to the pbe like a week or two, or will it be months?

discog

02-28-2014

@RiotScruffy:

Asking again: can we get an update on the Bonetooth Necklace? How is it testing? What is its' active right now? How about its' stack bonuses? How close to the final form do you think it is compared to the rest of Rengar?

Ornan

02-28-2014

The MS boost after the jump is made sounds much more appealing than just using it to find opponents faster.

Whipblade

02-28-2014

So, more jumps = more fun. Jump resets all around!