Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ololoshev

02-27-2014

It's sad that you're essentialy killing the assasin Rengar with this rework. And all he has left is the boring bruiser/sustain tank existense full of boring fights with other tanks back in top lane. With all of the reworks you just keep making champions to feel less impactful, with Xerath rework as prime example, his combo is so prolonged and his ultimate is so unsatisfying I lost any desire to play Xerath again. Don't you take away my precious Rango, he is the reason I'm still playing this game.

h 2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Choosing to press that button was more a choice that "I don't want to choose my finisher yet" rather than "I choose damage." We are shifting it into a more clear "I choose damage" option.
Was there ever a consideration for unlocking a 4th empowered move while his ult is on cooldown, and making that the "gimme dat damage" button?

Eyrgos

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
Not so fast!

I'll be helping out RiotScruffy on the balance side for Rengar as we work on fine-tuning him for release, and while he may not be quite ready for test realm yet, he's not too far off either.
Thanks mang

Skillzification

02-27-2014

I really hope there will be a new skin with the rework release, maybe something like Gladiator Draven <3

CynicalGiant

02-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
Can you get the art guys to do something fun? For the Howling Abyss variant of his necklace, can they add a Poro Snax biscuit strung onto the necklace for the pre-use image? It can revert to Dominion/Treeline versions after it is used, but putting it on there just adds that touch, you know?
Better idea: Rengar eats the Poro.

Servantofthe99

02-28-2014

What if you guys were to completely take out stealth from his ultimate and instead make it a toggle that gives him extra offensive stats while reducing his defensive stats, and granting movespeed, and low health enemy detection, and a pounce...and of course during this toggle make him have that red vision. have the stat boosts and movespeed and detection range level with his ult levels as well? of course keep the bush leaps and whatnot...just a thought since stealth seems to be incredibly hard to balance, especially in this meta with no oracles.

sasukeisone1

02-28-2014

So can anyone tell me how rengar q works now Im more confuse so it can finish an enemy off or just pure damage that wont able to burst the enemy down and use other abilities to finish them off.

sasukeisone1

02-28-2014

Quote:
Hey its been a little while but we have been testing and iterating on this kit a ton. Here's an update to some of the recent changes.

-Ferocity Q giving back energy wasn't actually creating a good finisher choice, it was just deferring the decision to choose what finisher you want. We have removed the ferocity refund and focused it into a pure damage focused finisher. Currently gives a huge attack speed buff.

-Second stealth on R was creating some cool moments for Rengar, but it was having a far worse impact on the experience of Rengar's opponents. 2 Move blocks and 2 stealths were creating a situation where there was no viable option to play against Rengar's dive. We are going to try some more .straightforward solutions here that will allow Rengar to dive and escape without creating as much frustration and confusion for the opponents.

-W armor and MR now gains ~50% bonus for every champion hit. This specifically gives him some more survivability in the team fights, where he can sometimes struggle.

Overall the new patter with fast and clear ferocity buildup has been testing super well. His flow is greatly improved and he has clear ways to get to the finishers he wants.

No details on release date that I can share yet but we are making very strong progress.

So what does rengar q does now it cant finish the enemy off like before or just that it doesn't refund any ferocity at and all it is that damage then plus attack speed and that's the end

Parapsychology

02-28-2014

@RiotScruffy

I really am liking this change to Q, it's more in line with something us assassin Rengars can agree on. Quick question though, what if Rengar's ultimate cooldown was reset if he slays an enemy within X amount of time of exiting the stealth?

Also, since there is no secondary phase to the ultimate anymore, can we expect the MS steroid back in it?

Xanru

02-28-2014

Quote:
Hey its been a little while but we have been testing and iterating on this kit a ton. Here's an update to some of the recent changes.

-Ferocity Q giving back energy wasn't actually creating a good finisher choice, it was just deferring the decision to choose what finisher you want. We have removed the ferocity refund and focused it into a pure damage focused finisher. Currently gives a huge attack speed buff.

-Second stealth on R was creating some cool moments for Rengar, but it was having a far worse impact on the experience of Rengar's opponents. 2 Move blocks and 2 stealths were creating a situation where there was no viable option to play against Rengar's dive. We are going to try some more straightforward solutions here that will allow Rengar to dive and escape without creating as much frustration and confusion for the opponents.

-W armor and MR now gains ~50% bonus for every champion hit. This specifically gives him some more survivability in the team fights, where he can sometimes struggle.

Overall the new patter with fast and clear ferocity buildup has been testing super well. His flow is greatly improved and he has clear ways to get to the finishers he wants.

No details on release date that I can share yet but we are making very strong progress.

So I don't quite understand the reason behind the Q change. Also did you do anything to Q, or was that it?