New Champion Revealed: Helmet Bro, the Void Knight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePickleAvenger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2014

https://soundcloud.com/thepickleavenger/helmetbro

I dunno, I was bored, I saw quotes without a voice. I had to try

Wolf of the Wind

02-27-2014

I think if you removed the silence from his q or lessened the duration while increasing his ult's range by 50 then he'd be more balanced. His e seems slightly unreliable in a 1v1 if the top laner is more of an auto-attacker (ex: Trundle) therefore I feel his e would work better it received stacks based on his and his team's ability usage. After all, he is a knight of the [U]people[U] if he serves as a Runeterran soldier. Does his w work with the enemies' items too (ex: Liandry's Torment)?

P.S. "Thank you for your contribution."

DrOinkleBerry

02-27-2014

Wow. Much want. Such amazing. Very needed. Wow

6Ace9

02-27-2014

Just a few comments:
I like Helmet Bro a lot. I think it has great potential and is a solid shoe in for a future champ. I do have have a few issues with the champion however.

Void Blade is a great idea and I like it a lot. Gives Helmet Bro a bonus incentive to AA the hell out of all things that are the void. The issue with this passive is the damage it deals. Helmet Bro's AD scaling is going to need to be complete garbage in order to keep this balanced.

Dodge Roll/Ashen Strike is a cool idea and I like it a lot. Just add a roll distance so that people gain a general idea how far he rolls. Might I suggest a range close to Vayne's tumble move?

Cloak of shadows does not scale with AP. Add a ratio to it. Additionally, explain what you mean by spell type. Is it like when a champ casts a cc spell on you, it reflects that CC in an area around him? Is it if the spell is AD, it deals AD in an AOE? Provide a little bit more of an explanation. Personally, I think it would be cool if it was a counter CC ability and did had an AOE effect based on the CC type.

Void Blast is an awesome spell. It forces Helmet Bro to go into the middle of a team fight, gain stacks and then pop his ability. I like how they fade keeping this ability in check. Gaining stacks outside of team fights might be a bit tough though.

The Purge is an interesting ability. It directly contrasts Void Blast, forcing good Helmet Bro's to use this ability wisely. Is the implosion and explosion different ways to cast the ability or just a mistake?

Lore wise, it gives a good feel to as to why Helmet Bro has joined the league. Just add a few more lines as to how he got into the league and I think it is polished enough.

Attacking quotes, doesn't some other champion already say "Retribution"? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't like copy cat quotes across champions.

This has been a review by 6Ace9

Genocide2099

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmalaser View Post
The lore u wrote is miles ahead of the lore writers at riot, sad to say. I havent read anything that suspenseful from LoL in a long time.

EDIT: also that kit is also better than alot of stuff we've seen... why arent u hired yet? lol. Change the name from helmet bro to something epic, make some graphics, and u could release this mofo.
The name is part of the charm. He is an inside joke. The community was discussing who the guy was in the First Contact video. Phreak posted on Reddit that they call that guy Helmet Bro. The community used to call him The Summoner Spells/Masteries Icon Guy or something like that. If you've noticed, the old summoner spells and masteries icons has this helmet wearing guy. The community figured that the reason why he is no longer in the new icons was because Vel'koz killed him in the First Contact video.

Riot Ahab

Recruiter

02-27-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This. is. awesome.

CynicalGiant

02-27-2014

rito pls

lordatomsk

02-27-2014

@riot...... i will literly give you anything you want to make this real.... i mean it ... name your price i want this more than i have wanted anything in my entire life make it real!!!!

Erronius

02-27-2014

I read this, changed my pants, read it again, changed my pants again. I'm out of pants, I have hardwood floors and it's getting slippery -make this happen so I can get off my bed safely.

OneDragonArmy

02-27-2014

10/10