NA and EU stability update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jimbo400

02-27-2014

I'm so done with this ****. I was warping around the map today. I love this game but I can't even play it cause Riot wants to screw around releasing a shuma-gorath ripoff instead of fixing their infrastucture. Get your **** together.

ktajung

02-27-2014

I would love for all of NA to be on one server and everyone have a fair advantage(ping)/connection.

Unfortunately we cannot. Please, from your loving customers from the East coast, give us a server.

NightmareVirus

02-27-2014

Bump

TL Kevbot

02-27-2014

I get that it's a free game, but a lot of people spend money on RP. That being said, it'd be great if that money was used for i don't know, maybe a server on the east coast or maybe something to stop the DDoS attacks? Just a thought, i'm good on skins and champs. Until riot gets their stuff together, I'm not spending another cent on RP.

FlynnOFlenniken

02-27-2014

I'd like to take a moment to recall my experiences for the past few years regarding my internet connection and League.

I've always played with a wired connection. Not wireless.

When I first began playing League towards the end of season 1, I had Verizon internet. Not Fios. Just the high speed internet. Back then my connection to everything, even things not League, was pretty spotty. I'd disconnect frequently whether I was playing League or surfing the web. I normally had around 90 ping in game, but sometimes I'd have massive lag spikes. Been too long to remember exact numbers, but it'd be in several hundreds or thousands.

I believe at some point in season 2 I switched to Suddenlink internet. For several months at least I had pretty great internet. Averaged about 60 ping in League. Websites would load super fast. Started to play a lot more pvp hoping to get better at the game and eventually try my hand at ranked.

Probably around either the end of season 2 or beginning of season 3 I noticed my ping had gone up a little to about 70 ping. Didn't think too much of it.

Add a 2-3 months, 80 ping. Another couple months, 90. Some more, 100 ping. By the beginning of season 4 I was starting to average about 110 ping and the fluctuations were getting pretty bad.

Now I'm getting 130-150 ping with massive spikes to 1000-5000.

What's really weird is that the problem doesn't seem contained to League anymore for me. I'm having a hard time just browsing the web now. Websites take forever to load sometimes, or they'll load improperly and I'll have to refresh once or twice.

I can't tell what the problem is. Not sure if it's my isp or maybe my house has bad wiring? Maybe my isp is getting hit more than most by all the ddos lately? Guess I should probably contact my isp and ask some questions. See if they might be able to figure things out.

My vague location is somewhere between Houston and Dallas in Texas.

Maybe it's paranoia, but I feel like my problem has gradually gotten worse as this reflection ddos business has grown.

Figure any information might help you guys.

Edit: Also, there was a Saturday like one or two weeks ago I had 50 ping. I don't know WHAT happened, but it was pretty amazing getting to play with that. That was the only good day among a lot of bad ones though.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Why have we been hearing for years that they're "working to improve" the ping to the east? The server(s?) is (are?) in Portland Oregon. That's nearly as far west as they could possibly make it. Instead of BS about how they'll improve ping being spewed year after year, how about some servers on this side of the continent like every other game company has provided since literally the early 90s?

Enough. Tell us why your Chinese Overlords at TenCent won't give you ten cents to buy or rent servers in the east?

EA, renowned as one of the greediest and selfish companies of all time, would be torn a new one if they had 100 ping to their servers permanently... especially if they went down every night due to "DDoS".

No more excuses, we want servers on our side of the planet, not somewhere over 4,200 KM away. Neither my friends nor I have bought any RP since the server problems began and we won't buy any more until there are servers here. Which I guess based on TenCent being TenCent, is never or at best far too late.

I like the game, but I'm disgusted by the company running it.
This. Really tired with Riot's ****.

JayArrrr

02-27-2014

Why are people upvoting this. Sheeple.

NightmareVirus

02-27-2014

Sonicdeathmonk We need you. ._.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL Kevbot View Post
I get that it's a free game, but a lot of people spend money on RP. That being said, it'd be great if that money was used for i don't know, maybe a server on the east coast or maybe something to stop the DDoS attacks? Just a thought, i'm good on skins and champs. Until riot gets their stuff together, I'm not spending another cent on RP.
It's a business model. It being "free" doesn't mean Riot gets a free pass on bad servers. Especially not with the amount of cash they're making.

With the amount of grinding required to get a decent setup, the game should be called "invest-to-play" and not "free-to-play"

Hailfire45

02-28-2014

I actually feel really bad for RIOT right now . Imagine the stress that these guys must be dealing with.
Keep up the good work RIOT - we still love ya and are rooting for ya!