@Riot Please Remove Pando Media Booster! - Malware

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

02-27-2014

Bumps for Justice!

Haha same YOLO

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsThatPokèmon View Post
Bump for justice.
This.

TAScientist

02-27-2014

have a bump, uninstalled this ages ago

ADCTOPSUPPORT

02-27-2014

bump for my people

WhoIsThatPokèmon

02-27-2014

I got a response from Bigbadabruin from Riot on the Forums they're looking into it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

02-27-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys. We Responded to the Reddit thread with this, but I'm posting here as well (just got out of a meeting).

Pando Media Booster is a 3rd party peer-to-peer system that we have used in the past in order to distribute files (especially large ones when you install) to players with the idea that P2P can reduce download times.
It doesn't affect your ability to play the game if you remove it and, beginning with patch 4.3, LoL no longer uses Pando Media Booster to patch anything.

If you're concerned about Pando, feel free to delete it. We no longer utilize the application for anything.

We can't just delete the executable off players machines because other games could be using it and we don't want to negatively impact them. We already talked with the company about the whole browser/bookmark fiasco and that won't be happening.

AntyPetko

02-27-2014

Ty, I immediately removed it. Good looks my brother.

AntyPetko

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Hey guys. We Responded to the Reddit thread with this, but I'm posting here as well (just got out of a meeting).

Pando Media Booster is a 3rd party peer-to-peer system that we have used in the past in order to distribute files (especially large ones when you install) to players with the idea that P2P can reduce download times.
It doesn't affect your ability to play the game if you remove it and, beginning with patch 4.3, LoL no longer uses Pando Media Booster to patch anything.

If you're concerned about Pando, feel free to delete it. We no longer utilize the application for anything.

We can't just delete the executable off players machines because other games could be using it and we don't want to negatively impact them. We already talked with the company about the whole browser/bookmark fiasco and that won't be happening.
TY for addressing this, had me a bit worried.

Zuphlas

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
We no longer utilize the application for anything.
So then it's not in the install exe anymore either? We wouldn't be forced to DL it with LoL if we had to reinstall completely? Patching =/= base install

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

02-27-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
So then it's not in the install exe anymore either? We wouldn't be forced to DL it with LoL if we had to reinstall completely? Patching =/= base install
The base install doesn't use it to patch anything either. However, we haven't stripped the pando executable out of the installer yet. We have plans to remove it.