Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wapster

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
What the empowered Q was doing before was basically a regular Q with some ferocity refund. Choosing to press that button was more a choice that "I don't want to choose my finisher yet" rather than "I choose damage." We are shifting it into a more clear "I choose damage" option.
Is Skarner in line for more buffs, mechanical changes, or a new rework?

the buffs, while nice, didn't do much because his kit is still incomprehensible and counter intuitive

RoyceRollin

02-27-2014

Quote:
What the empowered Q was doing before was basically a regular Q with some ferocity refund. Choosing to press that button was more a choice that "I don't want to choose my finisher yet" rather than "I choose damage." We are shifting it into a more clear "I choose damage" option.
Have you thought about making ferQ bonus be to give it an execute instead of just extra damage?
This would make it more a choice can i kill the person now, do I need the defense bonuses or do i need the extra cc to keep them from getting away

Delimon

02-27-2014

Looks good. I look forward to this.

Messaiga

02-27-2014

Quote:
-W armor and MR now gains ~50% bonus for every champion hit. This specifically gives him some more survivability in the team fights, where he can sometimes struggle.
I love this, it will be great so Rengar doesn't instantly get screwed in a teamfight, 250% bonus armor and MR on this ability if he hits 5 people seems like it would be a bit overboard though with the current values (43 + 250% of 43 is about 150 bonus Armor and MR for 3 seconds). Seems like a huge meatwall to me. As for his empowered Q, what will it improve now? Base Damage, AD scaling, or attack speed?

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

02-27-2014
32 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messaiga View Post
I love this, it will be great so Rengar doesn't instantly get screwed in a teamfight, 250% bonus armor and MR on this ability if he hits 5 people seems like it would be a bit overboard though with the current values (43 + 250% of 43 is about 150 bonus Armor and MR for 3 seconds). Seems like a huge meatwall to me. As for his empowered Q, what will it improve now? Base Damage, AD scaling, or attack speed?
Good insight, we actually lowered the base value so that it is basically the same as live when he hits 1 champion: 10/15/20/25/30

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2014

I still the best iteration was one where rengar gained a movespeed boost (with no stealth) on the first activation of his ultimate, then gained a stealth after reactivation... allows enemies to react to rengar running at them and allows rengar to disengage when in danger. The stealth mechanic where he stealths somewhere out of view and comes out to oneshot people is just annoying to play against. I honestly haven't heard any counterarguments for why that iteration didn't work.

Eyrgos

02-27-2014

Please can we try it on the test realm now?

Riot Jag

Associate Technical Design

02-27-2014
33 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Please can we try it on the test realm now?
Not so fast!

I'll be helping out RiotScruffy on the balance side for Rengar as we work on fine-tuning him for release, and while he may not be quite ready for test realm yet, he's not too far off either.

Super Explosion

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
I'll be helping out RiotScruffy on the balance side for Rengar
Hmmm. Jag. I sense perhaps good things from your involvement.

Just remember to watch that whole 100-0 from stealth thing he may have on squishies.

Kholdstare13

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
Not so fast!

I'll be helping out RiotScruffy on the balance side for Rengar as we work on fine-tuning him for release, and while he may not be quite ready for test realm yet, he's not too far off either.
Can you get the art guys to do something fun? For the Howling Abyss variant of his necklace, can they add a Poro Snax biscuit strung onto the necklace for the pre-use image? It can revert to Dominion/Treeline versions after it is used, but putting it on there just adds that touch, you know?