FPS Issues on Death Using Mac Client

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lincolnlog

01-05-2014

this happens on about 90% of my deaths

Mike4Real

01-14-2014

Riot plz, so frustrating.

Da illest G

01-15-2014

i have this problem CONSTANTLY, I'm about to play a few games right now so I will try to post my logs from them as well. also, if you'd like my system specs I'd be able to provide

Joystick

01-22-2014

Can confirm, still having this issue. Would like to know if it's still being looked at. It's especially frustrating because I feel like it occurs the instant before death when there's a chance for me to pull off a clutch ignite or renekton/nasus ult. rito pls.

Drenel

01-26-2014

I do notice this most often on my first death and maybe most severe on it. Otherwise very minor lag spike on all other deaths. It does seem better in my opinion. Thanks for being awesome Riot!

PS: here are a few of my logs incase you want to see if you see the issues...

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-01-25T13-19-06_r3dlog.txt (471.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: txt 2014-01-26T09-31-38_r3dlog.txt (240.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: txt 2014-01-26T10-17-48_r3dlog.txt (170.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: txt 2014-01-26T10-52-42_r3dlog.txt (280.3 KB, 16 views)

Mike4Real

01-28-2014

Bump. When will we ever get noticed again?

Mike4Real

01-30-2014

Do you guys notice a difference in this issue on this newest patch?

Illiryia

01-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
For those experiencing this hitch can you please post the following information:

1) Do you experience this on EVERY death, sometimes or only on the first death.
2) Provide your game logs from a game where this happened.
This happens to me every game then I DIE
Too many logs to go through. Should I post all 20 of them here?

Mike4Real

02-08-2014

Bump, I may have the next step to getting this fixed. I have made a support ticket about this issue and a Riot employee believes that this issue is caused by packet loss on my system.

If anyone who has this problem would like to help out, you can follow this guide from Riot Dita:

"
1) Download and unzip the attached file, LoLTR.zip. Copy the LOLTR folder to your DESKTOP.
2) Run LoLTR.
3) If this is your first time running this script, it will install a small traceroute plug-in for Macs called MTR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTR_(software)
*Please make sure to enter your Mac User Password when installing (IMPORTANT: NO PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED WITH THIS SCRIPT/PLUGIN). If you have no password, leave it blank and hit enter.
4) Select the server(s) to start the traceroute(s).
5) Locate the text file(s) generated on your desktop and attach the file(s) to your next response to me.
"

If one of you guys out there can show me that they have this freezing issue without having packet loss then I can use you as a counter example to prove that there is no correlation.

On the other hand, I suppose it could be theoretically possible, although unlikely, that every single one of us are having internet problems and that is what causes this issue. If a bunch of people who upload show that they have packet loss then maybe is true. Regardless of the result I wanna get this **** resolved ASAP since its been happening for going on 5 months now.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-27-2014
4 of 18 Riot Posts

Hey Guys,
TLDR; This issue should be resolved in the 4.4 patch.

Sorry for the delay on communication, just wanted to check-in on this issue. We've been pushing out patches with optimization improvements for the Mac for the past few releases(including a big one in 4.2 that I thought for sure had resolved the issue). Each of them improved this issue but it has been a bit of a hard one to tackle down and eliminate it entirely from all types/configurations of Macs.

After some digging, we tracked down some slowness in the DeathRecap screen. We sat down with one of our ActionScript gurus and optimized it; ultimately increasing it's performance 3x. On our test machines, we've seen this resolve the issue of the hitch on death. We hope that it will mean the end of the woes with this excruciatingly annoying bug.

12345678 ... 11