NA and EU stability update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightmareVirus

02-23-2014

Sonic when can we expect improvements to the NA servers and communications?

Sawyre

02-23-2014

Keep up the good job RIOT

Erahteekuh

02-23-2014

Good job Riot! I still have faith in you and you will have my full support! Glad this will shine the light on those ignorant people going "hurr durr riot and their **** servers lagging me out" will understand its not you doing this

ForumPostingAcco

02-23-2014

Why is this guy a junior member now? And why is the thread no longer stickied? Did he get fired? lol

sonicdeathmonk

Vice President of Operations

02-23-2014
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareVirus View Post
Sonic when can we expect improvements to the NA servers and communications?
Work has been underway on NA for many months. We need to get EUW on our new architecture and make sure we have it baked into our automation. Then on to NA and EUN. Should start to see better network to game servers real soon. Also we are working on improving ping time for NA East Coast players. Cool things coming.

Force0fNature

02-23-2014

It is about damn time Riot tells us whats been going on. I mean they keep banning and removing posts about this from forums and then they finally come out and admit this. Better late than never to be honest with your user base.

NightmareVirus

02-23-2014

Ping time for east coast!? You sir have answered all my nightmares! <3

Super Explosion

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdeathmonk View Post
Work has been underway on NA for many months. We need to get EUW on our new architecture and make sure we have it baked into our automation. Then on to NA and EUN. Should start to see better network to game servers real soon. Also we are working on improving ping time for NA East Coast players. Cool things coming.
You dare post here without a proper avatar?

NightmareVirus

02-23-2014

However, is there any expected ETA on all this? The east coast we generally are used to our 70-80 ish ping. However as of the past few weeks we are getting between the 90-120's range. While this may seem small, many of us who have adapted and gotten used to our smaller ping can see and feel the impacts in our gameplay. It only takes fractions of any second for a play to go right or wrong.

Unclesatan

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force0fNature View Post
It is about damn time Riot tells us whats been going on. I mean they keep banning and removing posts about this from forums and then they finally come out and admit this. Better late than never to be honest with your user base.
if you were keeping up at all, there have been reds admitting for at least 3 weeks now that serious ddos attacks are happening, but meh you just want to *****