I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
60 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camen Sieder View Post
I have honestly wondered why there isn't an official link inside the client that rewards people with IP for participating. You want to honestly find out what people want? Well put the main screen not about LCS, but instead about a POLL with specific questions and toss people like 2k IP or something. That thing will explode and you'll get exactly what you're looking for, if you're actually looking for the communities feedback.
There's more nuance to gathering unbiased information. For instance, the proposal you mentioned would be biased towards people who really want IP. This poll might not adequately reflect the opinions of some of our more veteran players with everything unlocked that costs IP. Just an example.

GodKilleR 999

02-18-2014

Honest question, I'd like to know why bugs can remain untouched for so long. Here's a thread I made that contains alot of them http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...919&highlight= I'm fairly that at least some reds have seen yet nothing seems to be done, is it because of the title? Or is it just too much of juggernaut in term of amount of bugs to respond to?

Zeta

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Some people here want the recolors removed from the game... :/
I think you should just do what Neopets does and offer every Champion in the standard hues of Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow for either really low RP or a moderate amount of IP. Then you can make every other skin a special snowflake safe in the knowledge you have four cheap skins for every character in basic colors.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
61 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
Alright I've got a question while you're around Crabmesiter. What is Riot's policy with RP sales. With double IP weekends. IP boost compensation for server issues.

We haven't heard an official statement on these things from Riot. They used to happen in the past, but haven't happened in a long, long time. Is there a company stance that we are unaware of? Why is it that these aren't used to help alleviate the pressure of server stability issues? Why are skins no longer a reward for participation in events, but instead icons are the reward?

Just some things I feel you would be able to answer being in eCommerce.
My guess is that we're hesitant to do a double IP weekends with the server issues we already have. Double IP weekends create a ton of traffic, which could be problematic. Just a thought.

We don't like to give out skins as rewards because we've found that most players use skins to show an affinity for a certain champion, but rewards for events are usually valued due to exclusivity. We have noticed that there ends up being a lot of pain surrounding players being unable to obtain exclusive content for their favorite champion, so skin rewards have been used less and less.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
62 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Those people are wrong. Recolors are awesome.
I tend to agree. Just saying that not everyone does

IshmaeI

02-18-2014

well I read all of the red posts from the very first one.

1. I understand why guys and gals like WizardCrab and Morello can't have this kind of conversation or interaction every day and WHY communication has gone down to a large degree..you're busy doing other things!

I think the massive amount of growth has hurt the player experience the worst, you know about the server issues, and you know people aren't pleased with champion balance.

I hope you read this if you read anything -

I don't care about pricing, I don't care (as much) about champion balance across the board, as long as there is a large pool of viable fun champs.

I DO I REPEAT DO CARE about the game being playable. This is my biggest complaint, the game is so buggy, my game crashes every day, at least 7-9 times, this is not an exaggeration. I don't want to feel like I have to take up a minor in software engineering just to play a game I love ya know?

I want the client to stop crashing, especially after patches

I want the servers on your end to work because I have trouble on my end too so when you guys have trouble is like trouble squared ya see?

I think most players would be happy if a lot more energy was put into resolving software/hardware issues because these are largely unacknowledged and as a player it doesn't FEEL like that kind of thing is going to change any time soon.

again, thanks for the communication, I'm sure we'd all love to see more of it (:

Noraver

02-18-2014

Quote:
We do put our 1350 skins on sale for the first few days of release...
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the 1350 skins then. My bad.

But what about the 750 skins?
I realize you guys lowered other skin prices to 750, but there were supposed to be a bunch released last year that never happened.

Wouldn't it be a good idea almost to release a 750 skin (recolour or something, particle recolour optional) along with champions upon release?
Hell, the art could be a recolour too. But at least it gives everyone something to be happy about, and probably wouldn't make much trouble for the skin team.

Edit: It would be especially cool if you guys made a poll every once in a while asking what champion we want to get a recolour. Again, wouldn't cost the skin team much, but offers a bit of flavor to people who love recolours. Especially on semi-new/old champions from the past year or two.

Starlighte

02-18-2014

Quote:
My guess is that we're hesitant to do a double IP weekends with the server issues we already have. Double IP weekends create a ton of traffic, which could be problematic. Just a thought.

We don't like to give out skins as rewards because we've found that most players use skins to show an affinity for a certain champion, but rewards for events are usually valued due to exclusivity. We have noticed that there ends up being a lot of pain surrounding players being unable to obtain exclusive content for their favorite champion, so skin rewards have been used less and less.
Fair point on the skins. But the double IP weekend is a huge pain-point for a lot of people and you must have internal data that suggests that to be the case. The community has been begging riot to increase IP rewards across the board and it has been met by almost utter silence by Riot. I realize that you aren't the person to make a decision like that, but don't you think it would be a really nice way to not only appease the community's point about IP gains being stagnant by offering a once a month double IP weekend? That example may be too often but the fact remains that you guys don't really do anything for the non-paying players too much anymore. Most of the events that had icons, required you to purchase something to receive all the icons. I vaguely remember several different rioters saying that the majority of players never spend a dime on this game. If that is the case, than where are the "nice" things for them?

Honestly I don't mean to harp, but adding a periodic IP weekend would be so well-received by the playerbase... It really would.

DoctorTuesday

02-18-2014

I don't get why people are arguing whether or not Riot made the most profit off any one sale - that's not what matters. Read this - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...33979#45233979

Even if Riot did use a strategy that made close to max profit, that's not what they're going for, obviously. They do things that make the sales good for the players, things that makes them exciting and things that make them feel like you made a good purchase when you bought it. It's satisfying.
In case you didn't notice, this isn't just the eCommerce team, but all of Riot! Do any of you HONESTLY think, can any of you truly picture the Riot balancing team thinking "Vel'Koz sure is going to be OP, but I'm going to hit Diamond off of this champ!" Like, what? You can't really blame anyone for thinking there's imbalance though. Not Riot, not the players. League is just.... really subjective. Depending on who you play, how you play, or if you've spent years playing Skarner, every change will feel different to everyone.

If League wasn't such a subjective game, people might realize what Riot does. But people don't. It's kinda sad =(

Hellioning

02-18-2014

Quote:
I tend to agree. Just saying that not everyone does
People that disagree with me are objectively wrong. That's how opinions work, right?