I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

02-18-2014

Riot is a company I fell in love with soon after I started playing in mid-2011.

Their involvement with the community is unlike anything I've seen before. It's understandable that by opening Pandora's Box, they invited angry players to lash out at them for even the smallest issues because they know they have a good chance of being heard. As humans (and a bird, crab and giant bug) themselves, I know they feel hurt by a lot of the criticisms even when they don't show it. Still, they need to have the "customer is always right" attitude, otherwise it would turn off a lot of people and cause major problems. At the same time, they don't let us just walk all over them and will put their foot down when necessary.

Like for example, I would vote to have Kassadin disabled (others suggest "Olafing" him) until he's made healthy for the game. He's simply not fun to play against post-6, regardless of how shut down in lane he was, and has been perma-banned for far too long, even in the LCS.

"Just pick Talon!" Just like they do in the LCS, right? Oh, no wait, they ban Kassadin every time instead. They know his ult is a problem and Talon can't hop around the map like Kassadin can.

Disabling him would allow for 6 -real- bans again and open up a little more variety in the LCS. We have plenty of champions to play, so it's not like the champion pool would be severely limited by it.

Anyway, I don't expect this to happen for reasons Riot may have despite how much it's asked for by the community. While it's frustrating for us, I can respect their decision if I try to view things from their perspective.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
56 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTAQWEIF View Post
WizardCrab, do you think we could ever see a behind the scenes video of what makes Riot Games tick? Try to tie the community and the employees together? Right now it feels like we are two different sides :/. Thanks
I think it'd be neat, but I'm not involved with anyone anywhere close to that decision. I'm sure it's been brought up.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
57 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
ok. thats a fair statement. but assuming base textures are up to par, shouldnt recolors fit within that line? and if they dont, then shouldnt all old recolor skins be removed form the game and refunds handed out? i know that sounds a bit extreme, but then again you are the one who came up with brown cube hecarim, and its the deeper points we're talking about here :P.

another fair point i'd like to make about recolors (and them being cheap/affordable) there are plenty of players that make custom skin mods for personal use. average joes doing things in their spare time. some are weak, but some are REALLY good. is that not an indication that riot's content volume could increase with just a few interns and an art program?
Some people here want the recolors removed from the game... :/

HollowxIchigo

02-18-2014

Hey WizardCrab, does anyone just kinda explode because of some of the threads/responses from people?

lizardj5

02-18-2014

For Wizardcrab

This question maybe really popular, but do you think LoL could reach a point like tf2,dota 2 where they basically sustain themselves? Being an advent tf2 player, I pay 100$, made 100$ just because of a little sparkly effect. These types of trades and transactions happen 24/7 throughout these games and make valve bucket loads of money. So potentially, if LoL starts having inventories and right to trade, could it potentially become like one of these?, i mean it lacks the everything can be achieve freely part but could it be like a 5+ year goal? (sorry for grammmar, summoner is very sleepy)

AnonTwo

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Well don't do that!

Or if you do, redo Noxus Poppy first. Probably her 2nd best skin (vs Heroic poppy) just because of the theme.

EDIT: forgot to mention my favorite Tristana skin (owning all of them as of this christmas) is Riot Girl.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
58 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
Didn't you guys say that last year you were going to release 750 skins and never did?

Also, I can honestly tell you that selling skins with a sale on their first few release days will make the community feel much better about higher priced skins.

Remember last year when Sultan Tryndamere came out? "We're trying something new, so for the first few days we're releasing him at a lower price!" deal was great. Except, that was NOT the best skin to try that out with, and it was DEFINITELY not a good thing to only do it with one skin.

Any other skin and you would've seen a much bigger reaction from the community.
But because Tryndamere has 9001 skins (And that one seems unpopular anyway), I don't believe it was a good source of data for you guys.

I would highly recommend putting your new 1350/975 skins on sale for the first 1-3 days of its release.

The community will thank you for it, and I bet a lot more people would buy them.
We do put our 1350 skins on sale for the first few days of release...

Hellioning

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Those people are wrong. Recolors are awesome.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
59 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doct0r Phil View Post
Wizardcrab,

I have been playing your wonderful game since 2010 (Trundle release). I currently have every champion, runes, and have (last I checked) 150,000+ IP. Right now, there is really nothing I can do with all of that IP. In fact, with my current IP, I think I could probably buy another 3+ years of new champions without gaining any IP anymore. Of course, I'll still keep playing and my IP will continue to grow.

It's starting to become aggravating to see my IP continue to grow because there is nothing I can do with it. I can't gift it to a friend. I can't transfer it to another account of my own. I can't use it to get RP (I wouldn't care if it was a 100:1 ratio tbh). It just sits there getting bigger.....

Is there anything you guys can do to (or plan to do) to show us veteran gamers some love? I have put so much time and money in your game. I believe (last I checked) I have almost 5,000 matches played (between ranked and normals). I have brought 10+ friends to play the game. Heck, I even participate in the Tribunal and frequently help out those in the Tribunal Ban Inquiries forum.

I know I technically don't deserve anything, after all it's your product I am playing and purchasing. In reality, I should be thankful to you. This is the longest time I have stuck to one single game in my lifetime. I guess there's just a part of me (the selfish me) that really wants recognition from you guys that I am a valued customer. This is because, I am pretty sure I am in a very small % of people who have put that much in to your game.

Just something.....a banner, a skin, a forum avatar, a coffee mug, a pen.....I mean, something.....anything.

I hope this make sense.
Yes. Stay tuned. It won't happen immediately, but I have conversations about how to give something back to players like you every week. Lots of ideas have come and gone, but we will figure out the right one.

HollowxIchigo

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doct0r Phil View Post
Wizardcrab,

I have been playing your wonderful game since 2010 (Trundle release). I currently have every champion, runes, and have (last I checked) 150,000+ IP. Right now, there is really nothing I can do with all of that IP. In fact, with my current IP, I think I could probably buy another 3+ years of new champions without gaining any IP anymore. Of course, I'll still keep playing and my IP will continue to grow.

It's starting to become aggravating to see my IP continue to grow because there is nothing I can do with it. I can't gift it to a friend. I can't transfer it to another account of my own. I can't use it to get RP (I wouldn't care if it was a 100:1 ratio tbh). It just sits there getting bigger.....

Is there anything you guys can do to (or plan to do) to show us veteran gamers some love? I have put so much time and money in your game. I believe (last I checked) I have almost 5,000 matches played (between ranked and normals). I have brought 10+ friends to play the game. Heck, I even participate in the Tribunal and frequently help out those in the Tribunal Ban Inquiries forum.

I know I technically don't deserve anything, after all it's your product I am playing and purchasing. In reality, I should be thankful to you. This is the longest time I have stuck to one single game in my lifetime. I guess there's just a part of me (the selfish me) that really wants recognition from you guys that I am a valued customer. This is because, I am pretty sure I am in a very small % of people who have put that much in to your game.

Just something.....a banner, a skin, a forum avatar, a coffee mug, a pen.....I mean, something.....anything.

I hope this make sense.
Jesus teach me your ways