I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Wizardcrab,

I have been playing your wonderful game since 2010 (Trundle release). I currently have every champion, runes, and have (last I checked) 150,000+ IP. Right now, there is really nothing I can do with all of that IP. In fact, with my current IP, I think I could probably buy another 3+ years of new champions without gaining any IP anymore. Of course, I'll still keep playing and my IP will continue to grow.

It's starting to become aggravating to see my IP continue to grow because there is nothing I can do with it. I can't gift it to a friend. I can't transfer it to another account of my own. I can't use it to get RP (I wouldn't care if it was a 100:1 ratio tbh). It just sits there getting bigger.....

Is there anything you guys can do to (or plan to do) to show us veteran gamers some love? I have put so much time and money in your game. I believe (last I checked) I have almost 5,000 matches played (between ranked and normals). I have brought 10+ friends to play the game. Heck, I even participate in the Tribunal and frequently help out those in the Tribunal Ban Inquiries forum.

I know I technically don't deserve anything, after all it's your product I am playing and purchasing. In reality, I should be thankful to you. This is the longest time I have stuck to one single game in my lifetime. I guess there's just a part of me (the selfish me) that really wants recognition from you guys that I am a valued customer. This is because, I am pretty sure I am in a very small % of people who have put that much in to your game.

Just something.....a banner, a skin, a forum avatar, a coffee mug, a pen.....I mean, something.....anything.

I hope this make sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
54 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS10bd4e129953f4e2c18ec View Post
so how do u decide if everyone in the world wants it when the people who only play the game wont come to the forum or reddit to tell you because they only play the game
they wont go out of their way to tell you therefore they count as not wanting it?
This is why the forums are not our chief system of figuring out what players want. Just one piece of the puzzle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByGrenade

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Do small RP purchases (100<) pose any real thought in the @RiotE-CommerceThinkTankô?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjagear

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the servers. The following does not represent anyone's views but my own!

As a thought experiment, assume we are investigating the server issues. If we're investigating it, what's the likelihood we know exactly what the problem is? What's an example of something satisfying we could message during this investigation period?

Again, just a thought experiment.
the likely-hood that everyone in a gaming company is acutely aware of the status of the servers is actually pretty high. i have worked in a variety of job fields, only the most ignorant were disinterested where their weekly check came from. i also can spot an articulate, educated individual by their communication standards. u know damn well that there is a problem, as stated in ur post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Okay. There is or was a problem and I give you my assurance that we're trying our damnedest to get things going again.

I just have my doubts that that made anyone feel any better.
u dont have to doubt anything. ur less than reasonable attempt at satisfying our concerns is blatant. nor do u need to assure us that u r concerned about ur paycheck. any fool with a job is concerned about their paycheck, even if they blissfully ignore where and how it is going to get to them.

the reason i dont believe in our government anymore? the blackout marks on the 9/11 report. something to hide means something to hide. now GD may have given u plenty of reason to hide the truth about what u did with the money u should have spent on the servers, but that doesnt mean u didnt spend it elsewhere. maybe if u were a money grubbing company, u might have enough to keep ur game up and running. instead u stick people in limbo and say 'dont worry they like the game enough to weather the storm, keep them locked in their rooms until we figure it out.' shame. #WagUglyFinger


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camen Sieder

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
1) More stable servers

2) A new map

To us, it's a no-brainer which of these is more important. You can't "work harder" because the problem isn't that people aren't setting things up, or doing the work. Here's a good example of the "server problem" some of the ops guys were sharing.
I'm so confused! How do the server guys have anything to do with maps? Do you just have a bunch of floater employees that do a little of everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
If I picked what actually frustrates me, it's the conspiracy theories on intent.
You got to admit that some of them have a strong argument on this one. A large portion of the community constantly posts about x champ nerfed because a pro player steam rolled in the LCS to the point it does seem like a lot of balance decisions are determined due to that, so the meta remains in it's current state. I think one of the biggest theories is how rito nerfs and buffs in order to maintain the current meta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not because I don't like them, because it violates what makes League of Legends good. Big distinction.

I think Poppy's fun to play, and like playing her. And that really doesn't matter.
Answers like this are what make you guys look like you're deflecting. You didn't answer the question. He wasn't asking as in you, but more-so in the view of the design team. Basically he is saying is it true that you guys nerf champs into the ground that you don't want to be played because you can't get a good balance on them or maybe that they affect the current meta to the point of possibly breaking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Right - and while I can't actually speak to those tradeoffs well myself, I think critiquing (and some people definitely do this) the approach or why it sucks instead of the intent is a better way to express "I don't feel this is fair/need to understand why this is happening."
less players = better deals with RP then a massive wave of new players comes along and the prices for RP go up! I am impartial with this one though because I think it was screwed up from the get go. I mean I bought a few IP boosts and was able to buy w/e the **** I wanted. I have runes out the ass from it. Makes sense, but I can see why people complained. things changed and it's a hit to the wallet for some.


I also wanted to touch base on the whole draft and blind pick ARAM games. Is there ever going to be an option to play draft and ban out the trouble champs. I honestly play mostly aram and I know there's quite a few of us out there. FYI for me it's all about a new map with more players thrown in and added draft and blind to aram. I am pretty much done with SR for the most part. Been playing it since before season 1 and since this duo bot lane hit, well... it's really become tiresome for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FergusMacBolg

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Would it be possible to bug people knowledgeable about Dominion to post on the forums more?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
55 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Many people don't realize that 'being nice' is actually a profit maximizing strategy.

Because there's the differential of profit now versus profit later.

You may usually want to run it as a ramp where people continue to like your company, because they are benefited by your company, and thusly you may be more benefited by them.

Often perhaps called "intangible assets", but that is perhaps not strictly accurate.
I'm really speaking of short term profits here in general

We would like to be around forever and to continue to grow forever (you know, for the most part, everything has nuances don't pick me apart super explosion!)!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camen Sieder

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
This is why the forums are not our chief system of figuring out what players want. Just one piece of the puzzle.
I have honestly wondered why there isn't an official link inside the client that rewards people with IP for participating. You want to honestly find out what people want? Well put the main screen not about LCS, but instead about a POLL with specific questions and toss people like 2k IP or something. That thing will explode and you'll get exactly what you're looking for, if you're actually looking for the communities feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starlighte

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Alright I've got a question while you're around Crabmesiter. What is Riot's policy with RP sales. With double IP weekends. IP boost compensation for server issues.

We haven't heard an official statement on these things from Riot. They used to happen in the past, but haven't happened in a long, long time. Is there a company stance that we are unaware of? Why is it that these aren't used to help alleviate the pressure of server stability issues? Why are skins no longer a reward for participation in events, but instead icons are the reward?

Just some things I feel you would be able to answer being in eCommerce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourendous View Post
Personally...the skin pricing is one of the thing is have no issues with at all honestly, they'll sell regardless, and people on the border can wait for a sale, or not buy, its as simple as that.

But overall, I have only 1 real complaint with Riot, and many little ones(but who doesn't have those about anything, see WHY is it, that when champions go on sale, its ONLY THE RP! theres no reason for IP to not go down either. No IP sale, gives incentives to people to spend RP/money to buy the champ instead of using IP, NOT saying that's why you did it, but that's exactly the effect its going to have regardless, I'd LOVE IP sales for champions along with their RP, IP is hard enough to come buy a sit is at times, for people who don't already have everything)

But my major complaint, is HOW rioters say things on the forums. Its not what they say, its how they say it. See Ironstylus post earlier that got a lot of flack. I'm sure he didn't mean it how it came out, but you need to realize, you need to be VERY clear how you say things, as a lot of posts have a general...smug? air about them. People are seeing that more and more, and are getting annoyed. There are a lot of good rioters to, but every now and then, certain posts basically come off almost...condescending? See Phreak a while back when he used to post more, I personally don't know the guy, so i cant comment on him, but his posts came off as very condescending/know it all to me, the I'm right, your wrong attitude is NOT a healthy one to take, whether that's how he MEANT for it to come out, doesn't matter, because that how it was read by the forum goers. His general statement could very well be correct, but if you come out and almost insult the person your telling it to, people are not going to like it.

A general...tone shift, to being less defensive/evasive about everything, and getting a better idea how to respond to things better would do a WORLD of good for you guys, as the bad will stick out in peoples head more then the good, that's just how people work sadly...so a few bad experiences for people will put a bad taste in their mouth, regardless how many good experiences they may have had....ALSO sorry for the ramble...

Wait, so are you saying that WizardCrab comes off as . . . wait for it . . .

A little crabby?

I'll see myself out.