I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoviantrekgater

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You can, because healthy is based on mental models of the game as opposed to tested results in many cases. This will never be "final" because League changes a lot on its own, and we learn all the time by making new models. So, to see it as "done" is the fallacy, where the actual path is one of slow change towards a set of values.
But this is my question though. If a majority of the community decides it doesn't like the set of values the game is headed towards, why would you not be willing to change those values that you're trying to alter the game to meet? Because sometimes that's the way it seems.

MASTAQWEIF

02-18-2014

WizardCrab, do you think we could ever see a behind the scenes video of what makes Riot Games tick? Try to tie the community and the employees together? Right now it feels like we are two different sides :/. Thanks

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
48 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearTeemu View Post
I think we'd get far more relevant information to the thread by sitting in on a metrics conference call, but I appreciate the effort, you really are in a ****ty situation since your edit: Pincers are literally rubberbanded
I wish you could

Attila22

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spoon Dog View Post
I feel the "Riot promised something and broke that promise" is a problematic way to look at it. It's not that they actually promised to give anyone anything, it's that they promise all future players that they can never access that content. While I recognize that, yes, they are promising something, I feel like that promise was detrimental to the health of the game and community, and should never have been made. And so breaking it is probably the best course of action.
I agree, it's bad in hindsight but I doubt Riot expected the game to take off the way it did when they released limited edition skins like Ice Toboggan Corki or Team Spirit Anivia. At the end of the day it less about the issue and more that a company you trusted went back on their word, at least that's the way I see it.

I didn't own most of the legendary skins so I personally wasn't hurt by Riot but I can definitely understand people being upset and less willing to purchase from Riot again.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
49 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eniolas View Post
i would freaking love to follow you guys around a bit. i'd help the best i could too, even if it was just picking up coffee or something. i love this game, and i enjoy the red responses even if they are a bit vague sometimes, understand that most game companies don't get on their own servers at all.
We get our own coffee. We pride ourselves in the fact that our interns don't have to get coffee for anyone but themselves

Bregan

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I said it was a silly example. I was only trying to say that there is an argument to be made for maintaining or raising the quality bar of the game. I'm not saying recolors offends this, but there has to be a line somewhere. That's all I'm trying to say.
ok. thats a fair statement. but assuming base textures are up to par, shouldnt recolors fit within that line? and if they dont, then shouldnt all old recolor skins be removed form the game and refunds handed out? i know that sounds a bit extreme, but then again you are the one who came up with brown cube hecarim, and its the deeper points we're talking about here :P.

another fair point i'd like to make about recolors (and them being cheap/affordable) there are plenty of players that make custom skin mods for personal use. average joes doing things in their spare time. some are weak, but some are REALLY good. is that not an indication that riot's content volume could increase with just a few interns and an art program?

Super Explosion

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We get our own coffee. We pride ourselves in the fact that our interns don't have to get coffee for anyone but themselves
So you force interns to get coffee for themselves?

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
50 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesfynn View Post
Have you guys ever thought of actually doing that? I mean, we all like the great prizes you give out, but maybe... maybe offering guided tours of what you do and how you do it would help you connect more with your player base...?

On another note, when I started school two years ago (Animation Major) my biggest goal was to work for Riot when I was finished. Over the last two years I've seen a huge decrease in Rioter to Player communication. I see that in part it is the communities fault, I would hate to deal with this generally toxic community, but It also really started to discourage me against the company.
However today my faith is really being restored to see actual communication going on, real discussions, actual feedback. Thanks.
My love for this company has really gone up again. I'm glad you guys don't lose faith in us as quickly as we do in you. Keep it up. Maybe I'll get to be a part of this in a couple years.
Go for it man!

Maximum Jarvan

02-18-2014

Hey Morello you mentioned future game health and what not. Now lately I have seen talk about how burst should take a certain amount of time to execute a target and apparently that magic number is three seconds. Aren't you worried about that having a negative impact in that the game could just end up tanks and marksmen? I do t think that is what we all want the game to be. I enjoy more burst play and some people enjoy their DPS. Can't we have an environment where these both exist and we get to play how we want. If the game gets too homogenized people will stop playing it too. The same goes for having very little decision in how you get to play the game in general.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
51 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasheenomed View Post
I think I have actually avoided talking to you about my opinion on skins so far wizardcrab (although I doubt you remember me from other threads D

I absolutely love the amazing skins you guys come up with...the quality really has gone up and it shows imo....

one primary thing I think you guys need to keep in mind though is while 1350 skins are awesome, sometimes we LOVE the particles on a champion, but hate how the champion looks... that is where 1350 skins just don't fit.

like for example for me lucian.... I LOVE his spell effects sooooooo much.... but as far as gun slinging paladin concept goes he doesn't fit it perfectly enough... would love to see him with some kind of golden armor or something more paladin like while keeping his current light based attacks... I feel that stuff like this isn't done enough because the art team gets so concerned with making a "complete package...

it's really something they need to learn is sometimes we love particles on a champion..... just not how the champion looks/fits their concept

as far as recolors go my opinion is meh... I think it would be cool, I like the rainbow bundle idea... the main thing is making it work in champion select... if you did something like that I could see programming and ui changes needing to be done to make a rainbow color palette not be overwhelming when picking a skin

Very interesting. And yeah, there's a lot to consider.