I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arbokfister

02-18-2014

I can stick my entire fist in my ass

Honey Goddess

02-18-2014

Sorry for the DP.

800 IP for a T3 rune (7200 IP for the whole set) and 2000 IP for T3 quintessence is just too much.

Can we get a lower and preferably uniform rune price please? It will really help the people who are just hitting level 20 and wish to go beyond, but spent most of their IP on champions.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
I really, really don't see how you could justify doing this without refunding everyone who'd ever bought the skin under previous pricing paradigms. You guys made a promise when you released PFE that it would not be going on sale, ever, a promise that has informed the purchasing decisions of everyone who bought him to some unknown extent. I guarantee you there were people who bought RP to get him when he came out specifically because they thought they would never have a chance for that low a price again. I also guarantee you that there are people who've purchased it at full price who would have waited if they'd thought it would go on sale eventually.

You guys only got away with breaking your promises over limited edition skins because you refunded the skins' previous owners. And that was great! You guys made the right call there. If you wanted to put PFE on sale, you'd have to make the same call here, and I just don't see that making good financial sense for you, at all.

Oh, and I don't own PFE. I would consider buying it if it were to go on sale, and I know at least one new player who's said he would as well. I still don't think you should put it on sale.
Wasn't there a stat put out that was something like 83% of people were for releasing LE skins, but the 17% that were not were extremely against it?

I dunno. I really, really like Riot as a company, I do. That said, I still think that was a really poor move by them and I'm surprised they did it. (Especially with those borders that everyone tried to say would let you keep your special feeling of having it LE weren't actually implemented.)

I'm honestly surprised it isn't still a vocal issue.

JudgeKitty

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We are running a business for profit. And we are nice because we don't run it for MORE of a profit. I don't think it's a poor argument. I think none of the world is black and white. Profit or not profit. There are better and worse ways and amounts. I suppose we have to agree to disagree here.
It's about meeting at a halfway point. What some see as "nice" others see as "not enough nice". There are many companies out there that have NEVER responded to the players. While I do get frustrated at the server status sometimes, it's not as if my frustration is going to magically fix it. We ARE updated.

During the end of S3, I was one of the "victims" of the Fios issues. At first, I figured it would be thrown back at me that it was MY INTERNET THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. Not at all. They know their mistakes/faults, like a good company would. They worked with us all as best as they could.

What I understand though (and so should others) is that maybe Riot doesn't have ALLLL the answers?? How many times have we seen people ask for certain champions to be nerfed or DELETED? Like TEEMO (poor hated yordle). True, some champions do need it. Just because Riot can't give the community EXACTLY what they demand doesn't mean they are bad at their job.

We all want the same thing - to succeed, have fun and game!

The Spoon Dog

02-18-2014

One thing that always confused me is why there's such an uproar when content becomes cheaper or more accessible. I understand that there are some people who like skins mostly due to their uniqueness, but does that really overshadow the number of people who like things because they find them neat? It's a thing that only really occurs here. There's no uproar when an xbox goes on sale, or the price gets reduced.

It's obviously better from a business standpoint to keep selling those limited time skins, or to occasionally put them on sale to attract those who want it, but aren't willing to pay full price. But is it not also good for the community to do that? Or do you feel that excluding players from content is better for game health?

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Yes, if you want 750s, recolors, and skins for certain champions, please continue to tell us! We want/need to hear what the players want.

You just have to not get angry if we determine that just because you as an individual want it (or even a group of like-minded forum goers), it doesn't mean that everybody in the world wants it or that it's the best direction for our game. But please keep asking for it.
ok, i posted a poll post on the topic. i will bump it regularly for maybe a month or so (maybe more depending on support). i would very much like it if you could post in it to "give it the riot red flag" for visibility. maybe something like "this thread is being monitored" (and i hope it really will be) or something. heres the link: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4294591

Zeff520

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeKitty View Post
It's about meeting at a halfway point. What some see as "nice" others see as "not enough nice". There are many companies out there that have NEVER responded to the players. While I do get frustrated at the server status sometimes, it's not as if my frustration is going to magically fix it. We ARE updated.

During the end of S3, I was one of the "victims" of the Fios issues. At first, I figured it would be thrown back at me that it was MY INTERNET THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. Not at all. They know their mistakes/faults, like a good company would. They worked with us all as best as they could.

What I understand though (and so should others) is that maybe Riot doesn't have ALLLL the answers?? How many times have we seen people ask for certain champions to be nerfed or DELETED? Like TEEMO (poor hated yordle). True, some champions do need it. Just because Riot can't give the community EXACTLY what they demand doesn't mean they are bad at their job.

We all want the same thing - to succeed, have fun and game!

So much this.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
47 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
um, you just bastardized what i said. i never said trashy shapes and cubes. i said PAINT. you guys made emerald taric, white mage veigar, black robe karthus, assassin yi, etc. no model alterations, just color scheme. why not red taric? blue taric? black taric? yellow taric? etc. how is this a problem?

like i said, some characters wouldnt be optimal candidates for this (draven for example. his outfit and color scheme isnt conducive for a simple paintjob), but you blew what i said way out of proportion and missed the point entirely.
I said it was a silly example. I was only trying to say that there is an argument to be made for maintaining or raising the quality bar of the game. I'm not saying recolors offends this, but there has to be a line somewhere. That's all I'm trying to say.

Attila22

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spoon Dog View Post
One thing that always confused me is why there's such an uproar when content becomes cheaper or more accessible. I understand that there are some people who like skins mostly due to their uniqueness, but does that really overshadow the number of people who like things because they find them neat? It's a thing that only really occurs here. There's no uproar when an xbox goes on sale, or the price gets reduced.

It's obviously better from a business standpoint to keep selling those limited time skins, or to occasionally put them on sale to attract those who want it, but aren't willing to pay full price. But is it not also good for the community to do that? Or do you feel that excluding players from content is better for game health?
It's not so much a case of having stuff that others don't have(at least in most cases). It's more Riot promised you something and then they went back on their word to make a quick buck when the only reason you bought it is because it wasn't going to be sold again/rare.

Now I personally only buy skins because I think they look nice/are worth the price to me but I can definitely understand where people are coming from.

Edit: The people that don't want skins to be resold because they want to be 'unique' are just being childish. A comparable example would be if Subaru Imprenza's were only sold for a day and cost the same price as a Ferrarri. Sure you would be the only person in the world to own the car but at the end of the day it's still a **** car you don't like no matter how exclusive it is.

The Spoon Dog

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila22 View Post
It's not so much a case of having stuff that others don't have(at least in most cases). It's more Riot promised you something and then they went back on their word to make a quick buck when the only reason you bought it is because it wasn't going to be sold again/rare.

Now I personally only buy skins because I think they look nice/are worth the price to me but I can definitely understand where people are coming from
I feel the "Riot promised something and broke that promise" is a problematic way to look at it. It's not that they actually promised to give anyone anything, it's that they promise all future players that they can never access that content. While I recognize that, yes, they are promising something, I feel like that promise was detrimental to the health of the game and community, and should never have been made. And so breaking it is probably the best course of action.