I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
46 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
I really, really don't see how you could justify doing this without refunding everyone who'd ever bought the skin under previous pricing paradigms. You guys made a promise when you released PFE that it would not be going on sale, ever, a promise that has informed the purchasing decisions of everyone who bought him to some unknown extent. I guarantee you there were people who bought RP to get him when he came out specifically because they thought they would never have a chance for that low a price again. I also guarantee you that there are people who've purchased it at full price who would have waited if they'd thought it would go on sale eventually.

You guys only got away with breaking your promises over limited edition skins because you refunded the skins' previous owners. And that was great! You guys made the right call there. If you wanted to put PFE on sale, you'd have to make the same call here, and I just don't see that making good financial sense for you, at all.

Oh, and I don't own PFE. I would consider buying it if it were to go on sale, and I know at least one new player who's said he would as well. I still don't think you should put it on sale.
It's quite possible we would have to involve some sort of compensation if we were to go down that path. I just simply said it's something I'd think on.

chide da jungler

02-18-2014

kudos to riot this game is fun

Calderweiss

02-18-2014

Did you just say there were plans for user content skins to go through a board of review in the future?

OH SNAP

øLordSeth

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
It's a super cool question, and one that's way above my paygrade

I'm sure it's been discussed many times before, but I know that there are some downsides and there are immediate plans for such a system.
Oh good to know, ty, yeah it would be nice I'd probably even give it a shot myself, been learning 3DMax and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
Did you just say there were plans for user content skins to go through a board of review in the future?

OH SNAP
Pretty sure normal custom skins would remain the same, only the ones actually incorporated in the game, purchaseable and seen by all players in a match would have to be reviewed, for obvious reasons, we can't have a naked Katarina skin holding 2 *****s officially in the game.

Risotadazo

02-18-2014

Quote:
We want/need to hear what the players want.
I want the cubical hecarim skin you mentioned in your example earlier. I don't even play hecarim, but I would if this skin was a thing.

Velkoza

02-18-2014

I really like how to skins are priced... If you don't want to pay for a 1350, don't. I have bought a number of skins and I regret buying none.

Super Explosion

02-18-2014

Quote:
Maybe we missed the mark, and by doing so actually created even more value!
Baby companies are so cute.

Yes, you most probably created more initial profit and more deferred profit.

In any case, you should probably keep doing what you're doing in that regard.

Now, if Morello could get metagame cracking with the realization that more strategies equal more longevity and more functional diversity equals more active interest, Riot might perhaps continue to do pretty well.

Zeff520

02-18-2014

Man I always get frustrated at these Rito sucks and is -insert mean comment that is way overblown because of some slight frustration that quite possibly doesn't even have to do with Riot- I much prefer constructive criticism. Which I like that many of the things on this thread are, and therefore I've actually read (a lot of) it unlike many other threads. I always try to read threads where I see that Riot has posted, I like to see who I'm supporting with the money I spend on this game, and by the fact that I still spend money on things I know really have no purpose to my life, you should see that I enjoy supporting you. This is why I don't buy Tom Cruise movies (even though that also really doesn't make a difference, it's the principal/principle (I dunno which right now I'm blanking...)). Anyways, I'm glad you guys even take the time to respond to some of these, especially considering how mean some of them can be. I especially appreciate that you don't just rage back, you maintain your professionalism while communicating with the player base. Keep doing what you're doing, no one is perfect. I do not think you guys are greedy or lazy (for the most part :P), I understand there are reasons to things you do, and prioritization (business school helps one understand motive more than people would think) has to occur to solve the most important issues, and sometimes things are prioritized incorrectly, or maybe not even that but just not the same way a certain player seems to think would be best. People seem to take things personally, and not take into account the bigger picture. Human nature I guess. Besides, sometimes it'd hard to predict outcome, you may not know if something was prioritized incorrectly until you see the result. Anyways, my point being good job riot. I like you peoples. I appreciate how much you interact with your player base. I understand your difficulties (although not truly because I haven't exactly been in them haha). Keep on keepin' on! I just like to be informed, and I'm not disappointed by the amount of communication you do compared to soooo many other companies. Sorry this is just like a wall of text, I'm kinda too tired to spellcheck / organize xD And I tend to ramble which makes organizing things difficult, but if I try I can write a bomb ass essay. It just takes so much time because my train of thought tends to confuse many people. Sorry, not relevant.
<3 Rito be my (late) valentine?

Furi Kuri

02-18-2014

So much Roit BS in this thread.

Honey Goddess

02-18-2014

Crab, here is a thought from a guy who had been playing since 2009.

800 IP for a T3 rune (7200 IP for the whole set) and 2000 IP for T3 quintessence is just too much.

Can we get a lower and preferably uniform rune price please? It will really help the people who are just hitting level 20 and wish to go beyond, but spent most of their IP on champions.