I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClarkJKent

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasheenomed View Post
too much shading and not brown enough.... wow you obviously need more experience before you can get into 3d modeling tut tut... they are going for a simple sqaure and you give them this complex thing? that's worth at least 2rp... how do you expect them to charge their goal of only 1 rp silly
I'm sorry I thought Brown Cube Hecarim was going to be a legendary. Here is the 1rp version, Brown Square Hecarim

Name:  brown square hecarim.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  619 Bytes

Vesfynn

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
Are we becoming Fox News? Seriously? Why not make the minimum wage $10,000? I want the line to be drawn where it was before you pushed it forward.
We can have cool things for decent prices, and riot wouldn't explode
I really don't understand the problem with higher skin prices in the first place. Its a growing business, with a growing fanbase. They hire more people, they have to pay more people. it goes on and on.

I would understand the outrage if they made it a pay to play, and its been free all along. But skins are completely optional. If you can't sink money into them, please don't. But the whining should stop.

Haha same YOLO

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkJKent View Post
I'm sorry I thought Brown Cube Hecarim was going to be a legendary. Here is the 1rp version, Brown Square Hecarim

Attachment 899705
I'd buy the **** out of this skin at 1RP hahaha

a 2D box making hecarim noises would be hilarious.

vasheenomed

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkJKent View Post

Attachment 899705
10/10 apply now I'm sure they will hire you

Bandana Dee

02-18-2014

People with the 1350 skin issue dont seem to understand one factor in that league of legends is a free game.

You can play it and not have to spend anything on it unless you want to get some skins which frankly is the only real way riot can get money, by releasing things that dont affect gameplay.

its all about time. its like irl

If you go and work for 12 hours one day would you want to be paid the same as if you had worked 3?
if you put more work into something do you want to be paid more? yes.
and from a business standpoint too, if you work on something longer, is it ideal to release it at a low low price forever, no. it takes longer and it brings you in nothing more than before. It isnt fair on the artists and people who worked on it either.

Sure it brings them more money but keep in mind that people worked harder on this content and much longer to make it good. And that riot needs to pay their workers for this work too and doesnt just take the money and goes for a swim in it.

Sure im not happy with riot often, im still peeved at the removal of IP from custom games, i too miss old trundle a lot. But its not fair to look at riot as "good" or "bad"

Riot are people too. they do mistakes, they do good things, they're human like you and me.

tailsmph

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We could also make every skin free, right?

A line has to be drawn somewhere.
This is also an awful analogy, in Dota 2, you can obtain a lot of things for free simply by playing the game, with all the Heroes unlocked from the get-go

stealthfox94

02-18-2014

I'm gladna rioter finally acknowledged just how awful this forum can be toward riot.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
40 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
Does it really matter how Riot structures their prices that much? I mean, the whole "discount @release" vs "skimming" argument is really meaningless in the scheme of things. None of the people who believe Riot is all about the $ will be persuaded anyways, and Riot is clearly making enough money to stay in business without resorting to some of the obvious tactics they could take to milk the community. Let's leave it at that.

I think the biggest monetary issue in the game right now is the Rune system, because there are so many runes you have to buy just to be competitive (Armor seals and lifesteal/movement quints being the most obvious examples I can think of off the top of your head) and they're incredibly expensive in IP. For a new player who doesn't immediately know which runes to buy, they could end up wasting a ton of IP on runes that are just terrible (stuff like Armor marks, reduced death time quintessences, etc) and then be screwed when they queue up for ranked thinking "I've got a full rune page, I'm good".

(this isn't addressed specifically at wizardcrab because he already responded to this in his thread last night, i'm just posting it again to spark a discussion that isn't "riot is greedy" vs "riot isn't greedy")
Yeah, runes are a sticky point right now.

But I think there is merit in having the pricing argument, at least on some level. I'm okay with people disliking us for the things we do that they don't agree with. I'm not okay with people disliking us for some imagined intent that they've put onto us in their own minds. I also like people to see that a lot of thought goes into every decision we make, and I hope some of these discussions show that. If I can even convince a couple people, that's pretty cool. And sentiment might spread!

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
41 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haha same YOLO View Post
Dude, come on. Running a business is NOT NICE. It's a BUSINESS. If it was nice, you would give away the profits after to charity, make it a non-profit, and really be "nice"

Riot doesn't do that. Businesses are inherently there to make a profit for their owners, and even non-profits can not be "nice"

That's a slippery slope to go down, that you guys are being "nice."

If you are generating income, and not reducing prices or giving back that money to the community, you are running a business for a profit, and saying "but we're nice because we don't run it for MORE of a profit!" is a poor argument.
We are running a business for profit. And we are nice because we don't run it for MORE of a profit. I don't think it's a poor argument. I think none of the world is black and white. Profit or not profit. There are better and worse ways and amounts. I suppose we have to agree to disagree here.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

02-18-2014
42 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limakoko808 View Post
Isnt it possible to get PFE and SGU in mystery gifts? I think them including such high priced skins in the list is pretty generous
Yes it is!