I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haha same YOLO

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXO Sehun View Post
Any chance we could get more refund tokens? Like... 1 per year? It's not like they decrease profit or anything, either..
If they made it that you had to select another skin that exists, then technically no.

But straight up refunds where you can get rid of a devalued skin (from 975->470 or w.e) at full value and buy a new skin, that would be lost profit.

And for a lot of players at 1 skin per player per year.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
39 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haha same YOLO View Post
Riot should hire me. I've already created a great e-commerce system elsewhere
Apply then! www.riotgames.com/careers

I would LOVE to hear about it.

ONoItsThatGuy

02-18-2014

"We aren't greedy"

Raises first week ip price of new champions.

tailsmph

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We could also make every skin free, right?

A line has to be drawn somewhere.
Are we becoming Fox News? Seriously? Why not make the minimum wage $10,000? I want the line to be drawn where it was before you pushed it forward.
We can have cool things for decent prices, and riot wouldn't explode
Riddle me this WizardCrab, almost everything is more expensive than when I started playing, circa olaf patch
I want to know why

Haha same YOLO

02-18-2014

Quote:
Apply then! www.riotgames.com/careers

I would LOVE to hear about it.
Wait really? I feel like this topic would get referred to and I'd get in trouble. Being a pissant isn't a good way to get hired hahah

Attila22

02-18-2014

First of all, Morello and Wizardcrab, I wanted to thank you guys so much for coming in here and restoring my hope in Riot! I had begun to feel really quite disillusioned with Riot of late(mainly after the scrapping of Magma Chamber) especially after the comments made by Rioters in the notorious 'Caitlyn VU' thread.

I now understand the reasons behind the cancellation of Magma Chamber especially considering the state of the servers, I feel maybe that could have been communicated to us better instead of "according to our data we feel it's not worth proceeding with" reason we were given.

However an issue that has come up recently is the lack of meaningful content we have received lately. I don't expect to have champion releases every few weeks like in Season 2 and I can understand Riot wanting to take their time with Champion releases considering the amount we already have in league (and the game's fragile state of balance). There are however other types of content Riot can release however.

Reworks and visual updates have been incredibly slow. We were promised a Viktor rework well over a year ago(if not 2 by now) and only recently has a Rioter come on to confirm that he's no longer being worked on. It seems that Riot starts all these projects but rarely finishes them in a decent timeframe. Enthusiasm for your job is a great thing, it just feels like you guys are in a toy shop picking up random things that get you excited(projects, promises) only to drop them and play with another toy(a new project)ignoring the toy you already have.

Skins take longer and longer to come out. I've loved some of the recent skins (Forecast Janna is fantastic as is the snowdown Lulu skin), it just feels like they take an incredibly long time to come out. Scorched Earth Renekton is a good example of this.

In addition the recent events seem to be lacking in comparison to what we had in the past. I understand having server issues when the playerbase is growing rapidly, it just seems like content releases (runes rework anyone?) are slowing to crawl when Riot should be growing bigger than ever.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading my concerns!

vasheenomed

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkJKent View Post
Hey if any Reds are still around I have some sick concept art for that Brown Cube Hecarim skin Wizardcrab announced

Attachment 899702
too much shading and not brown enough.... wow you obviously need more experience before you can get into 3d modeling tut tut... they are going for a simple sqaure and you give them this complex thing? that's worth at least 2rp... how do you expect them to charge their goal of only 1 rp silly

Goddess Farore

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONoItsThatGuy View Post
"We aren't greedy"

Raises first week ip price of new champions.
Well at least you don't have to spend money on IP, just time. It's not like they raised the RP amount...

Vertexon

02-18-2014

Quote:
It WAS one of our greatest successes. I'm just trying to say that it wasn't profit maximizing. We left money on the table. We could have created the same effect that you described with a "1 time only sale" any time after release. Hell, a day after release would have made us more profit. Obviously there are other ramifications, but in terms of profit maximizing strategies, this was not it.
Just to play devil's advocate here, the "other ramifications" would probably be extremely terrible and damaging to customer trust - to the point where you wouldn't realistically be able to have such a sale.

If you sold PFE at full price and then did a sale shortly thereafter, most people would (correctly) interpret it as a predatory business practice and would think twice about doing business in the future. You're talking about having a sale a day after PFE was released. Look at the outcry when Limited skins were converted into Legacy skins years after they were released.

Bunny Killer

02-18-2014

Quote:
Yes, if you want 750s, recolors, and skins for certain champions, please continue to tell us! We want/need to hear what the players want.

You just have to not get angry if we determine that just because you as an individual want it (or even a group of like-minded forum goers), it doesn't mean that everybody in the world wants it or that it's the best direction for our game. But please keep asking for it.
so how do u decide if everyone in the world wants it when the people who only play the game wont come to the forum or reddit to tell you because they only play the game
they wont go out of their way to tell you therefore they count as not wanting it?