I wonder how bad all the @Riot's want to tell us off.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByGrenade

02-18-2014

Hey guys, I just unlocked Yasuo by playing the game as much as I normally do in a manner which I enjoy, 0 money spent, isn't that awesome?

Yes, yes it is.

Haha same YOLO

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByGrenade View Post
Hey guys, I just unlocked Yasuo by playing the game as much as I normally do in a manner which I enjoy, 0 money spent, isn't that awesome?

Yes, yes it is.
The game would go nowhere if all champs cost money to unlock. Now that's a silly argument.

Manouso

02-18-2014

Started browsing through this thread when I couldn't log in.
This is from pages 4-5 and I really feel like it needs to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
...... This right here is an issue a lot of people have. You talked a fair amount, but didn't actually answer anything. We feel (yes there are threads about this) that often when Rioters answer they just talk a bunch without giving a real answer.

Prices have continuously climbed, rewards have disappeared and there is no compensation for the server issues which have been approaching 3 weeks. Saying you need to be more articulate in how you express yourself answers nothing.

3 weeks of unstable servers, which personally turned my Season 4 placements into 4v5 mania (no losses prevented), and we haven't heard a peep of why this is going on. It's bad enough that we don't even have a server on this side of the continent, but now we get no answers why the ones on the other side have been wonky or not working at all for the past 3 weeks.

None of this stuff may be your field but other Rioters who have insight have surely seen the complaints by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think that's a really valid complaint, in contrast. "We don't get word of what you're doing/answers that address our concerns" is an important thing, for sure.

If it's a valid complaint than address it!!

All you did was pat him on the back for asking a great question that many of us are wondering and then sidestepped it. Red's are notorious for doing this over and over. It's very frustrating. Just because a red responds to an issue with a "reply" like that doesn't make the issue go away and doesn't make any of us players feel better. It sort of insulting to be honest.

Do I know if this will get fixed soon? Do I know if the same thing will happen a week later? a month later? No, because nobody will respond to any questions we have. Sure, a lot of the threads are nasty, but there are some well put threads out there that someone who knows about the issue could reply in and don't.

Please stop sidestepping legitimate questions and actually answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the servers. The following does not represent anyone's views but my own!

As a thought experiment, assume we are investigating the server issues. If we're investigating it, what's the likelihood we know exactly what the problem is? What's an example of something satisfying we could message during this investigation period?

Again, just a thought experiment.
How about just acknowledging there is a problem and give us some assurance you guys are trying your damnedest to get things going again? Obviously you guys don't like when your servers are having issues and are working on them, but people feel ignored. The reason people go crazy in GD is because we don't get ANY info when things like this happen.

Super Explosion

02-18-2014

Quote:
Our theory is that if we can get you what you want, then the money will follow and we'll be able to continue existing.
Yes, this is actually a good policy, and part of the reason economies work--

If you make an actually good product, people will tend to give you the resources to do so.

Seeking a profit for producing something people like through your own hard work may tend to be quite fine.

However, we're also quite aware that for self-advertising artificial scarcity products, release discounting does perhaps tend to produce a higher profit.

Which is fine. But should likely not be phrased as a direct monetary loss, because odds are it isn't.

Cindikle

02-18-2014

Going off the RP discussion a bit. Do you guys have any plants for IP?

The bonus weekends and such were before my time. Champions overall don't bug me too much although as a player who's been around about a year. I have about half the champion pool. With an ever changing meta it can be frustrating to keep up, especially when it involves a lot of 6300 champions. But again, I can understand this one. So it doesn't bug me. Although I think price drops should be time based, not champion based.

But what is the deal with Runes? T1 is overall useless. Maybe just get a bunch of flat AD/AP at most. Just to help in laning. T2 is a joke. T3's cost to get all of the proper ones needed for ranked is a bit much. While a new player shouldn't jump into ranked right away at level 30, they also need to focus on getting a champion pool. While I don't think 1-30 is enough to learn the game. A new players growth is very limited overall by both of these things. And most(myself included) will focus on champions before runes. I think I had 30 or so champions before I finally had to spend probably 20-30k IP on runes to catch up for other rolls. Most of this was MS/LS quints and CDR blues.

I understand the second you can buy runes with RP this game turns pay to win. But a $30 tag to get all the runes when I was grinding just those would of been tempting. Not saying make it happen. You'll get a lot of hate. I'm saying runes are frustrating. Very frustrating for newer players. With the number of champions as well as having to manage a proper rune page. It just feels a bit much.

-Make T1 available to all. This helps newer players learn the rune system. As well as give them something to fall back on till they can upgrade to T3.
-Delete T2. It is a newb trap.
-Make T3 more manageable. Perhaps offer IP bundles once in a while. Something like 10k RP gets you a standard Marksmen page. This can extend out to other maps as well. Such as Dom or HA where scaling runes are stronger.

DeathByGrenade

02-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haha same YOLO View Post
The game would go nowhere if all champs cost money to unlock. Now that's a silly argument.
Exactly my point. I got something for free, and I'm not *****ing about it.
I will also continue to play more and get more things for free and buy things I want.
I like the market structure.

Blaine Tog

02-18-2014

Quote:
I could see that. I'll have to think on this, although we don't have any plans to (or even any conversations about) putting ultimate skins on sale after the release sale.
I really, really don't see how you could justify doing this without refunding everyone who'd ever bought the skin under previous pricing paradigms. You guys made a promise when you released PFE that it would not be going on sale, ever, a promise that has informed the purchasing decisions of everyone who bought him to some unknown extent. I guarantee you there were people who bought RP to get him when he came out specifically because they thought they would never have a chance for that low a price again. I also guarantee you that there are people who've purchased it at full price who would have waited if they'd thought it would go on sale eventually.

You guys only got away with breaking your promises over limited edition skins because you refunded the skins' previous owners. And that was great! You guys made the right call there. If you wanted to put PFE on sale, you'd have to make the same call here, and I just don't see that making good financial sense for you, at all.

Oh, and I don't own PFE. I would consider buying it if it were to go on sale, and I know at least one new player who's said he would as well. I still don't think you should put it on sale.

Drukyul

02-18-2014

Quote:
Obviously recolors are not that bad but you can see a scenario where a lower quality skin can have a negative effect on perception of the game as a whole. I'm not saying recolors would cause this effect. But there's always a potential any skin could.

Maybe recolors are a worthwhile path for us. I haven't seen that data yet. We'll look into it.
You should be willing to come out and say that recolors won't have that effect, because otherwise you're basically saying that the default skins are all **** and are putting people off from trying the game.

Hellioning

02-18-2014

Quote:
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the servers. The following does not represent anyone's views but my own!

As a thought experiment, assume we are investigating the server issues. If we're investigating it, what's the likelihood we know exactly what the problem is? What's an example of something satisfying we could message during this investigation period?

Again, just a thought experiment.
"We currently have no idea what is causing the server issues. We are currently investigating and will inform you when we figure something out."

And then actually inform us when you've figured something out! Riot is bad at saying 'we'll look into it' and then either not doing it or not informing us what they've learned.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

02-18-2014
29 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasheenomed View Post
wizardcrab I think your at your best when you respond to both the best and worst posts XD, you tend to tunnel vision on the negative posts sometimes and get aggrivated just remember there is lots of us who do like riot here and who are perfectly happy to have civil discussions about riot so make sure you don't get aggrivated not saying you are... just careful
Maybe a little :P Thanks for the reminder though

I just want everyone to understand what we do and say here at Riot! If only I could have every player follow us around for a day :/